Liam Bailey & Shy FX - Soon Come

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Re: Liam Bailey & Shy FX - Soon Come

Postby Inyaki » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:39 pm

I think 100% of the producers on here will agree too! :wink:
Inyaki

Postby underated » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:11 pm

Inyaki wrote:
This tune uses a sample of the original.....I don't know how some can claim otherwise.
Drums/bass/organ/guitar are sampled. After that they overdubbed guitar/keys/horns...maybe reinforce the kick / drums, etc...plus filtering, maybe tranfering to tape, etc....

All very tastefully done.
It sounds fantastic cause is a sample.

That sounds about right,
as you know though , it's totally possible to "fake" every track & make everything sound vintage, [without any samples used], not familiar with original version so can't say for sure, yeah it sounds like samples & overdubs, but like i'm saying some people can fake everything.

The end result is the sound & this track sounds wonderful.
underated

Postby Inyaki » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:09 pm

underated wrote: some people can fake everything.

Not to me......or hundreds / thousands of musicians !
:D
Inyaki

Postby underated » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:27 pm

The word " fake '
has different thinking behind it.

Example........

Get guys like Prince Fatty together with good musicians, tell them play like it's " 72" & it can happen, If everyone knows the sound they are after, it can be done, the whole shebang, everything can sound dated, okay might not fool everyone, that's not the intention though, It's simply capturing & manipulating this vintage sound .
underated

Postby Inyaki » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:53 pm

I was only referring the 'completely rebuilt.....there is no sampling involved '' claim.
To be honest, I was surprise nobody challenged that here as loads of people are producers.

Everyone can do as they want or as they please, nothing wrong using samples, I like them myself. Loads of us use samples, but we don't do those claims.
Inyaki

Postby Living Bate » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:45 pm

its an interesting one......I think its blatantly a sample.....but David Rodigan is no mug either....

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/7mle8ey ... odigan.mp3
Living Bate

Postby MulatuAstatke » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:09 am

I like the tune, think it is outrageous that he's been telling people he made it from scratch though.
MulatuAstatke

Postby Inyaki » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:12 am

Rodigan is just saying what he is been told. He is not a musician or a producer.
Nuff respect to him (selector and Reggae historian ) but like 99% of the selectors, can't spot the difference. Is not their trade.
Inyaki

Postby underated » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:16 pm

After listening a few times & checking the links, i must say this is a very well produced track, the loop does sound like the first few bars from Lloyd charmers (ishan cup) as mentioned.

Could someone produce every track from scratch ?......yes of course they could, would be hard to create every detail though, the mono type panning is similar to original, that's why i think its a loop.

Filters & overdubs are really well placed, infact the best i have heard for a while.

Why would a producer claim no samples used ?
Well i guess to add interest to the track, some reggae collectors are very fussy about certain things.

I think the first few bars are sampled from the original,
Then again if it's proved otherwise, i would not be too surprised as some producers are very good at what they do, add musicians & software together & the possibilities are endless.

Not familiar with Shy FX, but this guy is good, better than many reggae producers, very inspiring actually :)
underated

Postby Living Bate » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:32 pm

Inyaki - Rodigan isnt a musician or producer, but he has a good ear for the music......he is good at identifying musicians just from listening to a song.....so i would've thought he'd be a hard one to blag.....it does seem like Shy FX has blagged him though....

Underated - Shy FX has been big in the Jungle / Drum N Bass world for a while now........listen to Original Nuttah.....that tune was massive over here at the time....

quite different to the tune in question...
Living Bate

Postby Varese » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:22 pm

lankou wrote:On a similar note, i still wonder why Bitty McLean's version of Fu Manchu alongside Lee Thompson Ska Orchestra - a brilliant tune -was not released on 7" because, frankly, a good number of people won't be too interested in buying the whole LP.

You know this is out on 7", don't you? (Well if not, you do now!)
Varese

Postby MulatuAstatke » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:08 pm

Inyaki I was referring to Shy FX. Rodigan saying what he was told..
MulatuAstatke

Previous

Return to General discussion