Ernie B customer service issues?

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Ernie B customer service issues?

Postby chuckasaurusrex » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:52 pm

I've been a faithful customer of Ernie B for many years now and until my most recent order have never had even a sniff of a problem. But I recently received a "new" CD - a suitably discounted copy of "The Sound of Macka Dub" on Clocktower - which, presumably through error, was obviously used with numerous scratches and fingerprints. I wasn't overly concerned about this as I had no doubt Ernie B would make it right, yet I've sent two (polite) emails over the past ten days with no response. Has anyone else experienced this and, more particularly, is there any other way to reach them (I tried through the FB message system as well)? I am reluctant to mentally write off the store as I find it hard to believe that my messages are deliberately being ignored, but maybe things have changed... Thanks.
chuckasaurusrex

Re: Ernie B customer service issues?

Postby jps » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:32 am

I have been ordering from Ernie for a long time now and have always been more than happy with them. There have only been 1 or 2 times where the record I received was warped or scratched up a little, and after I sent an email mentioning the issue, the record was replaced no questions asked without having to return the one in question.

Ernie actually started up a conversation on one of them about how much he enjoyed the record that I had ordered. A long as they have the product I want, I will never think twice about ordering from them. I believe the email that I have always used is info@ebreggae.com
jps

Postby Mark T » Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:33 am

I have noticed in the last while that Ernie is a little slower to answer emails but I have never had a single problem, the service has been exceptional. If you click on the 'About Us' tab on the site there is a phone number and a fax number so you could give them a call.
I'm certain it will all get sorted.
Mark T
Mark T

Postby chuckasaurusrex » Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:03 am

Huh. Dunno why I never thought to look for a phone number, or just looked right past it somehow. I really don't doubt it will be resolved either; I just thought it odd. Thanks all.
chuckasaurusrex

Postby diddleybop » Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:51 am

Had one issue some time ago where I ordered a particular CD and received another CD instead. I sent an e-mail highlighting the issue , the Cd I ordered was sent and an e-mail from Ernie advised me to keep the other CD I had received. The one I had received in error was Keith Hudson's Nuh Skin up on pressure sounds, which I did not have. Placed plenty of orders since and have had no problems. Except with the poor quality of some of the Clockwork CD's , but then again "let the buyer beware".
diddleybop

Postby chuckasaurusrex » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:00 pm

Well, as fate would have it I received the expected (i.e. courteous and exceptionally helpful, with my issue being dealt with in fine style) response from Ernie B overnight. I suspect my messages were simply misplaced or things are a bit bogged down at the moment.

Given that this forum is public I'd like to emphasize - again - that my overall Ernie B's Reggae experience has been nothing but positive over many years and accordingly I recommend the shop very highly.

Have a good weekend, all.

Charles
chuckasaurusrex

Return to General discussion