the mighty invaders

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

the mighty invaders

Postby minidub » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:16 pm

anyone have any information to share about this group? I recently picked up their LP "invasion" and am curious about where they are from, if they have any other works, etc.

m.
minidub

Re: the mighty invaders

Postby jps » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:40 pm

Here is a link to a thread from a few years back over at the RA forum.

http://www.roots-archives.com/forum/read.php?2,8779
jps

Postby minidub » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:13 pm

big thanks, jps--just what I was looking for!

the "invasion" LP is enjoyable; some duds but some nice cuts too. same way I feel about new breed's "tribulation time" LP which I just bought for about $20, and have seen go for much bigger $, and am really not sure why. however, I only paid $1 for the mighty invaders LP, so I feel pretty good about the purchase.

m.
minidub

Postby kalcidis » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:26 pm

Haven't heard the Tribulation Time album but I've got the dub counter part which is a very nice dub album. So at least rhythmwise I can understand why people would want to pay some for it. But the rhythms are of course only half of the story.
kalcidis

Postby minidub » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:31 pm

well, everyone has their own taste that's for sure; i just know that had i paid much more than $20 i wouldn't have been too pleased. i agree that most of the music on "tribulation time" is quite good; it just wasn't what i was expecting in some ways. and i'm not disappointed to have bought it, but $20 would be about top dollar--for me.

m.
minidub

Postby kalcidis » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:04 pm

Yeah, $20 is probably what I would have paid for it too (without having heard it).
kalcidis

Postby jay-b » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:44 am

all though a bit hit and miss i've always liked the mighty invaders LP - i am with kalcidis on tribulation - dub is good - not the best fatman riddim section dub workout but well worth a listen now and again - i've heard a couple of the vocals and must admit i prefer the dub
jay-b

Return to General discussion