greensleeves and studio 16

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

greensleeves and studio 16

Postby David » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:23 am

since greensleeves have rereleased the winston edwards dub collection on cd, there have been vinyl issues of "king tubby meets the upsetter" and "natty locks dub" on both greensleeves and studio 16. whats the story behind those double-rereleases? dont seem to make sense for either label?
David

Re: greensleeves and studio 16

Postby crimson flames » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:00 pm

I was wondering the same. has anybody bought either version of natty locks dub and would be able to make a comment on the pressing and sound quality?? dub vendor have the studio 16 for sale and im very tempted. its a great album
crimson flames

Re: greensleeves and studio 16

Postby David » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:27 pm

just got the greensleeve edition and I am playing it right now. sound and pressing seems to be okay! but I am not specifically a sound-engenieering-expert.....but as usual, greensleeves seems to do a better job than vp.

the music itself is great! guess, this is going to be a favorite dub album of mine, very smooth and jazzy, lots of instruments fading in and out, dominant horns and flutes! killer-lp!!
David

Return to General discussion