Satisfy My Soul and I Shot The Sheriff in Dub

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Satisfy My Soul and I Shot The Sheriff in Dub

Postby credezcrew24 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:22 am

I am an audio engineer that focuses on mixing Dub Versions. I dubbed the Bob Marley songs Satisfy My Soul and I Shot The Sheriff.

They are available on both links below. The soundcloud link has an option where you can download the mp3's if you want.

https://soundcloud.com/forwardfeeling

http://www.youtube.com/user/ForwardFeeling

These are the first mixes I am making public so any criticism is welcome.
credezcrew24

Re: Satisfy My Soul and I Shot The Sheriff in Dub

Postby ScrollZ » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:57 am

i listened to them both - and i like.

i dont mind a bit of bob now and then :)
ScrollZ

Postby guillaumebougard » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:01 pm

Did you use multitracks or did you edit?
https://www.facebook.com/slyandrobbieofficial
guillaumebougard

Postby jb welda » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:50 pm

are these in any way "official" mixes or are you just a glorified bootlegger like most "remix" producers?

dont get your panties in a bunch, just wondering how legit this all is.

one love
jb
jb welda

Postby credezcrew24 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:04 pm

Did you use multitracks or did you edit?

They were ripped from the game Rockband I don't know by who but they weren't exactly the official multitracks. On some tracks there would be diffident instruments mixed together. Like on Satisfy My Soul the lead guitar, background vocal, keys, horns, percussion were all on the same track. Others like the Bass would be on it own track. Each song is different but generally there were about 6 stereo tracks to work with.

are these in any way "official" mixes?

Definitely not, I am just a bootlegger trying to get my name out there. I don't make money from my mixes yet and so I believe the work I do should be available free without restriction. I do believe it is wrong If someone does unauthorized remixes and tries to make money from them.
credezcrew24

Postby ice » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:53 pm

did you have any other marley multi tracks to work with? I know that for example to multi track masters for "No Woman no cry" are floating around; in fact, a bootleg mix like yours made it into the last Marley Movie soundtrack (no credit was given to the bootlegger, though)
ice

Postby credezcrew24 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:19 pm

I have the stems for every song on Legend's vinyl version except for some unknown reason I couldn't find Could You Be Loved, I think it must be out there somewhere. For Buffalo Soldier and No Woman No Cry (live version) the tracks where only poorly separated with filters so I can't really do anything with those. Redemption Song Is what you would expect only 2 stereo tracks with a lot of bleed.

I also have the mutlitracks for Is This Love, No Woman No Cry (Natty Dread version), and the alternate version of Lively Up Yourself which have been available in a torrent for quite some time.

I do remember hearing about that, I believe the great KAZO who was behind the fantastic Black Vinyl series was the one who mixed that.
credezcrew24

Return to General discussion