Total Sounds - None Shall Escape, premier issue identity?

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Total Sounds - None Shall Escape, premier issue identity?

Postby Anonymous » Sun Dec 12, 2004 1:12 pm

Further to a disscussion from a while back on the old message board, I just got an email from someone who found that in the USA and told me that they own two copies, one of each issue.
He says that one has the Jonny Clarke spelling and one the Johnny spelling, however the Johnny spelling version has a Sticker with the correct spelling placed over the older Jonny version, which would imply that this was retrospective and therefore the Jonny spelling on orange Labelled Total Sounds with the Total Sounds matrices is the 1st pressing.
The artwork of the original being utilised for the second issue. the dates of both Matrices still though marry up with the same release dates, so they would have been issued in any case in rapid succession.
It's all a moot point really, but I thought having discussed this here before some may be interested in knowing this.

Anonymous

Postby ian » Sun Dec 12, 2004 1:20 pm

Well done Mike, so it looks like the mystery is finally solved Sherlock! I don't suppose he was interested in selling you a copy...?

Cheers
Ian
ian

Postby Maarty » Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:22 am

Did you pick up that copy on Ebay a while ago? I think if finally sold for 46 pounds. A lot better than the 100 plus quid the previous one sold for.

Maarty
Maarty

Nope I got it wrong...

Postby Anonymous » Wed Dec 22, 2004 6:39 pm

The stickered copy is actually the FBL release, i guess it was pressed twic on this matrix and had a sticker put over the jonny spelling when it was. This would indicate that it's the FBL pressing that was premier, as the Total Sounds one has the correct spelling. Sorry for the confusion..

I'm going to write a piece about this for johnnyclarke.com entitled a tale of two pressings
or how one mans search,became another man's finnancial gain.

Anonymous

Return to General discussion