Wackad - Cry for the Youths

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Wackad - Cry for the Youths

Postby supplanter » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:17 pm

Was this ever released as a single - 7 or 12"?
supplanter

Re: Wackad - Cry for the Youths

Postby Reggie Love » Fri May 12, 2017 1:36 pm

Great tune this, now available on the new Jammy's comp 'Digital roots and hard dancehall'. A new singer to me and this is the only reference to him on this venerable forum.

Anyone know anything about him? Did he do any other big tunes? If he was a one-hit wonder - then what a wonder it is!
Reggie Love

Postby supplanter » Fri May 12, 2017 1:51 pm

I have it on another Jammy's Comp…A Man and His Music. It's such a killer tune. I have never found out anything about the singer, or anything else on the riddim, or if it ever came out as single prior to the recent 7"…I think it was Dub Store that released it. It's credited to 1988.
supplanter

Postby beenie bongo » Tue May 16, 2017 8:56 am

supplanter wrote:I have it on another Jammy's Comp…A Man and His Music. It's such a killer tune. I have never found out anything about the singer, or anything else on the riddim, or if it ever came out as single prior to the recent 7"…I think it was Dub Store that released it. It's credited to 1988.

Dub Store indeed:

https://www.discogs.com/Wailing-Souls-Wackad-Move-On-Cry-For-The-Youths/release/6584228
beenie bongo

Return to General discussion