Hi-Times Band lineup

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Hi-Times Band lineup

Postby JT » Sat Dec 11, 2004 4:10 am

I'm curious about the full lineup for Chinna's Hi Times Band. I had more trouble than expected using my lp's or Ernie B's to track this down.
JT

Postby Ras Berry » Sat Dec 11, 2004 9:58 pm

Don't know if there ever was a definitive line-up, but certainly over the years it would have featured players like Carlie Barratt, Horsemouth and Santa on drums, Chinna, Christopher Meredith and Gibby Morrison on bass, Phillip Ramacan and Chinna on guitar, Pablo, Wire Lindo and Errol Nelson on keyboards, Sydney Wolfe and Harry Powell on percussion and hornsmen like Bobby Ellis, David Madden and Nambo Robinson. Hope that helps.
Ras Berry

Postby JT » Sun Dec 12, 2004 2:22 am

Thanks for the names. I was surprised at how often I had a record sleeve with Hi Times credited but no individuals listed...appreciate the info.
JT

Postby Pluto » Sun Dec 12, 2004 3:19 pm

Could Style Scott also be one of the Hi-Times drummers or would that change the credit to 'Roots Radics'? Cause in some cases (i.e. Israel Vibrations - Why You So Craven) they quite sound like Style's style.
Pluto

Postby JT » Sun Dec 12, 2004 3:37 pm

That Why You So Craven title does seem to blur the lines...produced by Junjo, recorded at Channel One, engineered by Scientist sure would seem to be a Style (and Flabba) affair.
JT

Return to General discussion