ishen sound

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

ishen sound

Postby sekopat » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:00 pm

I remember seeing a sound system called ishen sound playing on the hammerbass sound system in paris (glaz'art).
Could someone enlighten me about it ?
I seem to remember even having a cd without some nice dub on it but cannot find it right now: kids......
sekopat

Re: ishen sound

Postby StepDubStep » Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:04 pm

I saw a German sound called Ishens Rockers about 7 years ago in Germany. I have pulled up a bit of info on them in past years but haven't seen or heard much else. They killed it when I saw them.
Me no skin teeth and me no play!
StepDubStep

Postby sekopat » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:55 pm

Thanks stepdubstep: i ll carry on my search.
Was the guy japanese ?
sekopat

Postby StepDubStep » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:05 pm

I don't recall any Jahpanese bredren. However I could be wrong. It's been a while.
Me no skin teeth and me no play!
StepDubStep

Postby Dub Defector » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:07 am

There was a UK crew called I-Shensound in the 90s.. i remember at least one LP, maybe more? Some big buds on the cover :wink:, some link with JTS as well i think. Haven't heard of them for years so probably not the same crew.
Dub Defector

Postby Dub Defector » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:10 am

This is the one:

Dub Defector

Postby plattsie-revival pressure » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:51 am

Blimey, I remember i-shen sound. They used to play a lot in the early 90's. I think they organised a night at the sir george robey in finsbury park, north london called night of the living dub. I only recall them releasing one 12 but it was a long time ago.
plattsie-revival pressure

Postby Varese » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:43 pm

I've got a 12" and that double 12" Lp by I-Shen Sound; I think they used to play down Deptford/Brockley way occasionally back in the early 90s, but I was quite salmon back then and can't really remember.
Varese

Postby sekopat » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:26 pm

that's it thanks a lot that's the cd i have somewhere.
I may still have phone number somewhere!
sekopat

Postby Dub Defector » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:47 pm

Varese wrote:I think they used to play down Deptford/Brockley way occasionally back in the early 90s

Sounds familiar.. i was living deptford / new cross back then so maybe that's where i remember them from. I do remember Nations Vibration and RDK doing things round that way then as well.

Ites
Dub Defector

Postby dan i dubdub » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:59 pm

Ishen Sound/ Dub Sound Of Ishen used to book the George Robey allnighters in Finsbury Park back in 1993ish. They had Zion Train, Mad Professor, Revolutionary Dub Warriors, Boomshackalacka, Manasseh, Armagideon, Fruits Of Japhet (what an awesome name!) and more at those sessions. I started Djing at those nights in the back bar, linked up with Prodigal One and carried on from there, but I played alongside Ishen quite a few times back then. Prodigal and I did one session with them at House Of Roots at The Arches in Vauxhall, which was great and very strange, playing through Aba's set (set up for us as one huge wall of speakers!) while he was away playing somewhere on tour.

I occasionally hear from Alex but don't know anything about what happened to Grob or Ian.

Ishen left the Robey to do the album and try and promote it. The nights carried on for another year or so, with visits from Channel One, Mystic Revelation of Rastafari with Rico, Levi Judah, Original Rockers, Disco Dread and loads more. Lots of MCs passed through on a regular basis too, Knatty P, Clappers Priest, Brother Culture, Wisdom, Shakespeare, just to name a few.

The other club I spent a lot of time in at that time was Institute of Dubology at The Vox in Brixton, which was round the corner from where I lived. John Pell and Styler booked just about everybody there: Mixman, Coxsone, RDK, On-U, and a cast of thousands. Surely others must remember The Vox?

Dub Defector - the only JTS link I am aware of is that was where the record was probably cut.
bring love spread peace

dan i
dan i dubdub

Return to General discussion