reggae wales festival

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

reggae wales festival

Postby scarface » Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:05 pm

hello all,
was thinking of going to reggae wales this year and wondered if any baffers had gone before? anyone know the lineup for this year? ive checked their website but not had a lot of joy on the confirmed names front
cheers
scarface

Postby Jugz » Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:06 am

I found it pretty disappointing last year, although some other Baffers probably enjoyed it. I think the event is still in it's infancy so hopefully it will have improved this year. The whole festival was essentially a one-stage indoor affair with very little else going on, but the live acts were all good, if a little unorganised. If you're a fan of heavy-duty stacks and dances that go on into the early hours this festival is definately not for you!
Jugz

Postby Ringo » Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:11 am

That's a pretty fair description, J but I enjoyed it, and there was a very friendly, relaxed atmosphere. A bit of disorganisation is what festivals should be about I reckon. Most festivals these days are run like corporate events and have lost all the old randomness and spirit I used to enjoy. We had a great time chilling around the camp site, watching the occasional band and chatting to other people near us. We're planning to go again this year, hope they get their later license sorted.
Ringo

Postby Varese » Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:01 am

Me and a few mates are thinking about going down this year. The idea is that if the festival's ****, the countryside and beaches in Pembrokeshire are absolutely fantastic and well worth the trip to South Wales. So its a win-win situation, really!

V
Varese

Postby Jugz » Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:59 pm

Sorry we didn't get the chance to catch up at the fest Ringo.
We spent loads of time driving back and forth to Tescos for booze- make sure you take your own coz the bar doesn't open till about 7ish. It should relocate to an area where the council grants louder volume and later licences so it can be placed outdoors & they should at the very least have a seperate area for a continuously running decent soundsystem given the juicy list of selectors (they had to start and stop according to the stage acts- seriously annoying for the crowd!). Maybe we were being too demanding but I expected something similar to the Essential festival which was excellent.
Jugz

Return to General discussion