Channel 1 mash up the area.

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Channel 1 mash up the area.

Postby MickH » Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:15 am

Great vibes at the venue in Dubln last night as Channel 1 tore down the house UK style with a relentless selection . Highlights were the dubplates of Max Romeo's "One Step Forward" The Spear's Marcus Garvey" A differnt vocal cut by Michael Rose over the Guess who is coming to dinner rhythm....the dub of which tore the place down..JAh Warriors Rainbow Circle throne never sounded better... Place was rammed with enough new faces that are being turned on to roots music..respect to the firehouse crew.

Next Month :May 20th: Bob Andy with "Bigga" Morrison and "Bubblers" Ogilvy on board.
MickH
MickH

Postby ephteeay » Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:08 pm

maybe 'clap the barber' (i think its called that) is the one over guess whos coming to dinner riddim...imo a better tune... or whatever riddim its on its better than the better known tune!
ephteeay

Postby MickH » Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:12 pm

FTA--It wasn,t clap the barber....but a plate unique to channel 1 sound i think
MickH
MickH

Postby tuathal » Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:39 pm

yes Mick, dubs flying sirens blazing, ears still ringing...
tuathal

Postby dots69 » Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:14 pm

sounded like a killer nite. got a blow by blow account via text from reggae richie as it happened !

reggae neva had it so good in this city - well not since the days of the TV club anyway. all good.

defo gonna make the trek for Bob Andy.

respect
Dots
worries outernational dublin
dots69

Postby rez » Sat Apr 02, 2005 3:20 pm

had to give it a miss due to college work buildin up I need to have done for next week....real sorry I missed it though apparently it was a wicked night...

Burning Spear dubs!!! A what sound can play that!!! Wicked. Likewise with dots will not miss Bob Andy next month big ups to Firehouse Paul and the crew for bringing quality people over the whole time who would've thought dance get so nice inna Dublin?
rez

Postby brendanw » Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:25 pm

Wicked dance....probobly best vibe/biggest crowd I've seen in years inna a dance. Rez, that spear dub is a relick of marcus garvey, digital style: The old meaning of dubplate as opposed to new one...u know what i mean. :wink:
mickh: so busy didnt see ya
brendanw

Postby KING RATHID » Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:14 pm

Wicked night! Channel one **** mashed it up! Highlight for me was when me mikey drew DENNIS BROWNS "DON'T WANT TO BE NO GENERAL" I went **** nuts! The rag was gettin swung and I was shoutin BO BO BO BO BO BO BO that much I still have a sore throat!

Also played Sizzla "Praise ye Jah". Have to say it was the best Firehouse night I've ever been to.
Worries Outanational - Dublin
KING RATHID

Postby Rootsman » Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:29 pm

No sound can play burning spear on dubplate special so don't be fooled
Rootsman

Postby youp » Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:49 pm

Hello,

just to give you 2 links with photos of Channel One in France :

Paris Dub Club #3 - 2005

Channel One Sound meets King David Warriors - 2004

youp
for [ http://www.jahsound.net ]
youp

Postby brendanw » Sun Apr 03, 2005 5:51 pm

Rootsman, is there any chance spear might have voiced a straight relick of one his older tunes possibly for future release (as opposed to a "dubplate" for a specfic sound, like you said). That's what it sounded like to me, pretty sure it wasn't daweh congo. Anyway you're well in the know on such matters.
respects
brendanw

Postby Rootsman » Sun Apr 03, 2005 5:56 pm

I don't know about that Brendan (although I don't think so IMHO), but its well-documented that spear does not voice specials. Anyone who is claiming to play spear is playing an impersonator. There are nuff impersonators out there now, I just heard someone doing a reasonably credible copy of Luciano! Many people think that just cos a certain sound has some respect in the biz then they will be honest about their dub box. Even Black Kat the world champs play Lucan Scissors and claim its Gregory Isaacs!
Rootsman

Postby Reggaemusicstore » Sun Apr 03, 2005 6:56 pm

Yes Rootsy, I once tried to get Ijahman to voice for me & in return I got a lengthy speech about how he'd never recorded for anyone but himself, never done so much as a dubplate or even a jingle for anyone, & that he wasn't about to change now...

King Rathid, one thing is puzzling me. A few weeks ago when we had the thread about top sounds you went on record as saying you didn't like dub sounds like Shaka or Aba Shanti etc. Yet Channel One run a very similar style, so how come you were into them? Just wondering. Respect....
Reggaemusicstore

Postby KING RATHID » Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:59 pm

Reggaemusicstore wrote:Yes Rootsy, I once tried to get Ijahman to voice for me & in return I got a lengthy speech about how he'd never recorded for anyone but himself, never done so much as a dubplate or even a jingle for anyone, & that he wasn't about to change now...

King Rathid, one thing is puzzling me. A few weeks ago when we had the thread about top sounds you went on record as saying you didn't like dub sounds like Shaka or Aba Shanti etc. Yet Channel One run a very similar style, so how come you were into them? Just wondering. Respect....

Cos mikey dread was drawing the big tunes like Dennis Brown, Sizzla, M.Rose and so forth. I'm not into the dub sounds. Dont get me wrong I love my roots but I dont like the way certain sounds play them. Also mikey dread pushed Firehouse's system that bit extra and put the SE jah tubbys sampler to good use.
Worries Outanational - Dublin
KING RATHID

Postby MickH » Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:26 pm

Brendan I was to the right of the stage with tuathal until about 12.30..
From then on I was just in front of the stall selling tunes..I saw you in front of me but you disappeared.

As for the Burning Spear..No mistaking it was defintly the voice Mr. Rodney..
Is it possible that a digital rhythm was built and the original vocalmixed in with it?
MickH
MickH

Next

Return to General discussion