Recent finds?

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Re: Recent finds?

Postby Reggie Love » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:47 pm

Best of Tony Tuff on Vista Records. After picking up Flabba Holt's awesome Roots Radics Dub album a couple of weeks ago, I had to go searching for the vocals! Two great sets.
Reggie Love

Postby minidub » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:10 pm

nice one reggie.

on the topic of vocals & versions, i've had 2 great scores recently.

the first is scoring two copies (one from jamaica and one from japan) of ras haughton's "black bombo", a tune i have treasured since i first heard it over 20 years ago on a 2CD comp called "a celebration to the 100th birthday of h.i.m. emperor haile selassie I. i have never seen a vinyl copy of this tune, on 7" or LP-- but somehow managed to find 2 copies in about a month -- so vocal to version will be happening; the version side is just killer.

i couldn't feel more musically blessed, and i will be gifting a friend soon with one of the copies. he's the only other person i know of who is familiar with the tune and loves it like i do.

i also finally scored a very clean copy of the shades' "who you gonna run to"; i've had a copy of the dj version from king kouchi "run come hide" for several years now and have just been waiting for a clean copy i could afford. yay, it happened.

more music, more music!
m.
minidub

Postby flashman » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:48 am

Reggie Love wrote:Best of Tony Tuff on Vista Records. After picking up Flabba Holt's awesome Roots Radics Dub album a couple of weeks ago, I had to go searching for the vocals! Two great sets.

Ha ha, I did the same thing! I also have Ranking Joe - Dub it in a Dance on Trojan, which isn't track for track the same riddims, but quite a few, including one of my favorites of the Tony Tuff set, Good Times.
flashman

Postby Reggie Love » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:04 am

Cheers for the info, Flashman. Seems like I will need to check out the Ranking Joe for a part three on the riddims!
Reggie Love

Previous

Return to General discussion