Dreadzone Sample on "One Way" / Seccond Light

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Dreadzone Sample on "One Way" / Seccond Light

Postby capullo » Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:57 pm

hello everybody

i finally made it back to this board.... and (as usual) come with some nasty questions

does anybody know where that haunted sample "....one way....always..." comes from? an excellent example of sophisticated sampling btw. love that album anyway...

thanks

capullo :mrgreen:
capullo

Postby Jack Johnson » Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:34 am

sorry to be moody but i can't stand that bloody celtic dreadzone tune they taunted all roots lovers with around the time of the zion train explosion.....they should have the "dread" forcibly removed from their name!!!
Jack Johnson

Postby capullo » Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:51 am

yeah jäck, thats a horrible tune, i know but looking at some other stuff they've done, they deserve the name dread at a high degree. :roll:
capullo

Postby echo » Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:46 pm

Dreadzone really made some very nice tunes back in the 90's. Remember listening to their first album 360 degrees. It really blew me away. Second Light & Biological Radio also have some very nice tunes, but also some crap. They used to be really good as a live-band with Earl Sixteen on vocals. Saw them a few times during their "second light" period. Used to sound very rootsy and dubby. Unfortunately nowwadays their live-performances really suck and there's nothing left off the magic they used to have. Good memories, .... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh ....
echo

Postby giab » Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:59 pm

saw them a couple of times around the 360 degree's era, they were fantastic live
but yeah, the deserve a slow painful death for that Capt Dread tune
giab

Return to General discussion