Stur Gav article

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Stur Gav article

Postby Fish » Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:14 am

The Stur Gav topic made me look back to this article I wrote for SNWMF a couple of years ago . . . not 100% happy with it, of course (some stupid writing errors), and it's pretty long-winded, but all in all I think it's not so bad. Curious to hear what you all think of it:

http://www.snwmf.com/zerothree/bios/sturgav.html

(Hopefully that bit about the political violence in 1980 is actually true - not too sure about that!)
What about the half that's never been told?
Fish

Postby hwheelan » Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:21 am

Nice piece Fish, like you say a few stylistic 'moments' but a good article that hangs together well,
Pilot
hwheelan

Postby trinitymlk » Thu Dec 09, 2004 7:13 pm

Well written piece there Fish. I didn't know about Stur Gav being destroyed as an act of political violence. WHere can I read up more on this? Thanks, -MK
trinitymlk

Postby Fish » Thu Dec 09, 2004 7:27 pm

You know, information on the transition between the first incarnation with Ranking Joe and Jah Screw and the second with Josey and Chaplin is very scanty. Joe and Screw were clearly getting more involved in Ray Symbolic, but I read somewhere (maybe Rough Guide?) that the sound was shot up and that that sealed the deal. I really don't know whether that's true, though . . . The best thing to do would be to ask U Roy, and if not him then Chaplin or Josey . . .
What about the half that's never been told?
Fish

Postby Chris » Fri Dec 10, 2004 3:30 am

Thanks
Chris

Return to General discussion