Soul Jazz Studio One Discomix... Good God!

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Re: A Possible Solution To The Skipping

Postby DrSuperlove » Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:27 pm

richteratmosphere wrote:On some CDs of mine that skip hopelessly, if I use my computer burner to burn a copy, the copy plays fine. Maybe, give that a try for the skipping Studio One CDs...

i'd be set if it was that easy! Exact Audio Copy won't rip the last 2 tracks in secure mode and a wave file ripped in boost mode has the same skips, something is plain wrong on Disco Mix and if you're lucky you have a cd player that's either insensitive to the error or knows how to deal with it, i think downbeat rob tried to copy a cd without extracting the files first and that didn't help - oy, souljazz, are you reading this?

i remember Funk had similar problems but less serious, took EAC ten minutes to extract the last track but it got without errors eventually

good old turntable!
DrSuperlove

Studio One Heartbeat Releases

Postby richteratmosphere » Fri Dec 10, 2004 5:28 am

Thanks for the tip on the Heartbeat Studio One releases. I'd heard the Nice Up The Dance volume, but hadn't heard the other two until today, when I checked them out at the radio station that I am involved with.

Great releases!
richteratmosphere

tsk tsk

Postby JV » Wed Dec 22, 2004 6:11 pm

Just noticed that Gates Of Zion on Soul Jazz disc plays ca. 4.5 % faster than it should be. Deliberate or just an error?
JV

Postby jay-b » Thu Dec 23, 2004 5:39 am

I detect the same "quickening up" with "armagideon time" and perhaps a couple of others...deliberate or not?....mmmm....interesiting question
jay-b

Previous

Return to General discussion