Iration Steppas Sound Tapes

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Iration Steppas Sound Tapes

Postby yao chris » Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:42 am

Greetings

I wanted to see if anyone would be willing to exchange some sound tapes with Iration Steppas in Session - I have a few with Jah Warrior which are crucial & also one with Freedom Masses & Jah Yabbys. I have never seen Iration Live but hope to in the near future. It also seems a bit hard to find sound tapes of Iration as I've had good luck finding lots of tapes of most of the major UK Sounds but these ones elude me - I can offer a good selection of other sound tapes in exchange - Disciples, Aba Shanti-I, Ras Kush, Zion Gate, Jah Shaka to name a few.

For those who have seen Iration in Session - What does the crowd get worked up into a Frenzy as one might expect by listening to the tapes?? Marc Iration seems to have the Crowd in hand with the Mic work and Kinetic Energy he brings in conducting the sessions.
yao chris

Postby Reggaemusicstore » Tue Dec 07, 2004 7:14 am

Mark Iration is a master at getting a crowd eating out of his hand. He can also be very funny on the mic & is quite unique in this sense - whereas other roots sounds will concentrate on keeping a serious vibe flowing, Mark will communicate with the crowd in whatever manner he chooses to get them on his side, & if this means having a joke then he'll do that too. He's a real performer & showman, so the crowd reaction you've heard on the tapes is a reflection of that....
Reggaemusicstore

Postby John Eden » Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:00 am

Mark is great on the mic. Huge ball of energy - dancing about the place from the off. At one of the sessions at electrowerkz winter 2000 it was freezing cold in the session and he helped us all deal with it big time "rasta get warm! anyone got 50p for the meter?" :D

Oh yeah, I've sent you a PM...
John Eden

Postby Ringo » Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:35 am

Agree with all of the above. Also worth noting that you can tell the whole Iration crew are having a great time. Not only is their enthusiasm infectious, but it's easy to see how genuine that is. I enjoy seeing a serious, heavy vibe. showcasing deep tunes and messages, but it's also nice to balance this with crews who are having an out and out good time and just want to enjoy their music with everyone.
Ringo

Postby rutabowa » Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:46 am

agree with all of above, but I also have seen Iration in serious mood which can be equally as involving... like his anti BNP dance in Leeds, or another where he played some acapellas in tribute to his seriously ill friend... v moving.
rutabowa

Postby Reggaemusicstore » Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:08 pm

Yes Rutabowa, I think the anti BNP dance you mention may have been when I played with him, at least I recall it was when the nail bomber was causing havoc in Brick Lane, Brixton, Soho etc a few years ago & Mark stopped the dance to make a serious speech about opposing those actions & views.... have also heard him introduce Shaka in Huddersfield & pay massive tribute to Shaka for everything he's done.... I also recall playing with him in Southend just after black people won the right to vote in South Africa & he also made a speech about that... so it'd certainly be wrong for anyone to have the impression that Mark's nothing but a joker....
Reggaemusicstore

Postby Ade » Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:39 pm

I've got a CD from a dance earlier this year featuring Iration Steppas, King Shiloh and another sound (which escapes me - aargh!). I recorded on my MD at the Brixton Rec. At that particular dance, Mark Iration went to great lengths to tell us about the new website "w w w dot iration steppas dot com - w w w dot iration steppas dot com". Just checked the link and...nice front page, but goes nowhere!

There were loads of sessions for sale on CD on the day, so I'm surprised you haven't come by any. I didn't buy any - but I wish I'd maybe grabbed the odd one.

I also have a recording of Iration Steppas v Zion Train recorded at Dingwalls in 2000. Let me know if you are interested.
Ade

Postby Reuben » Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:59 pm

You could try getting in the site this way http://www.irationsteppas.co.uk/biography.php

Respect
Reuben

Return to General discussion