New Beres cd is great!

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

New Beres cd is great!

Postby reggaepostman » Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:23 pm

About 4 years after his latest studio set Beres Hammond returns with a superb set ! Really mature and with quality songwriting,arrangments and production. Personal favourite is " No More" a very catchy song based upon the horns of "Perfidia" by Phyllis Dillon.
Any other comments?
Greets, Hans
reggaepostman

Postby dj745 » Mon Nov 29, 2004 8:43 pm

i got this last week, 1st impressions a little dissapointing, its a good album but it just didnt have that edge like music is life his last 'new' album in 2001. the tracks with buju,big youth and natural black have all been released and are great. the thing lacking for me is the more conscious /social commentary side of beres and the 'dancehall' rhythms that beres is great on like the love me always rhythm used on thanks fi me pride and joy.
with this album being mostly produced by willie lindo there seems to be a more lovers rock emphasis which is what beres is great at as we know but having heard some other new material 4 months ago when i was lucky to interview beres at his studio i guess im gonna have to wait for some new 7"s to come out on his label, hopefully soon.
dj745

Return to General discussion