new singles from JAH WARRIOR with Mykal Rose

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

new singles from JAH WARRIOR with Mykal Rose

Postby Mario 2 » Fri Dec 03, 2004 3:02 pm

I just heard Michael Rose chanting over new Jah Warrior dubs of "Drifter" rhtyhm...freshly recived from Steve on white labels.....heavy tune indeed! Watch out for this one in the new year! If you are sceptical about uk roots, well, think again...this is xtrmntr roots style vibes...twisting high tone frequencies and sub tone unpleasantness..Watch for these ones.... I think due out in the next two /three months or so..

I thought his Prof Friksy tune "Man Fi Strong" was THE UK roots tune of the year with its raw aggression...these are more on the meditation -reflection vibe, but with nasty frequency vibration...they should sell like hot cakes too I'd wager...
Mario 2

Postby Mario 2 » Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:35 pm

there are 7 cuts to this "drifter" reworking -- lutan fyah, m.rose and rankin joe--all tough-- just checking them out back 2 back
Mario 2

Postby Reggaemusicstore » Sun Dec 05, 2004 11:57 am

Mario, to be precise there'll be 3 new 7" with the aforementioned artists, all containing different dubs. A next cut "Request" by Jah Mason is available on the Most Royal CD and also on Belleville International 7"....
Reggaemusicstore

Postby Mario 2 » Sun Dec 05, 2004 12:16 pm

Nice one Steve -- you said the JAH MASON cut is on Belleville label -- what's the story behind that label ? Who runs it?

I just found this link with some excellent sound clips from that label

<http://dubwise-factory.com/demos.htm>

I like the Michael Prophet tune.
Mario 2

Postby Reggaemusicstore » Sun Dec 05, 2004 5:09 pm

Mario - Belleville International is run by Patate Records in Paris who I've been working with for many years. I produced that Jah Mason tune for them on my riddim for them to release on 7". I also produced Saga on the Jah Mason album for them on Prince Alla's "Glory "riddim. The deal was that I got to use the tunes on the album but they do what they want with those 2 tunes. I've also produced various other artists on the Glory riddim for them including Prezident Brown & Earl 16. Have also done loads of versions of Hughie Izachaar's "Can't Take The Pressure" for them (my version of Cuss Cuss) including Prezident Brown, U Brown, Winston McAnuff, Culture Freeman, Earl 16, Anthony Johnson, Horace Andy, Alton Ellis etc. There's been talk of them releasing a cuss cuss one riddim album using those tunes and singles too, not sure when it will happen tho'..... Steve
Reggaemusicstore

Postby Digiman » Sun Dec 05, 2004 5:30 pm

U Brown on your Cuss Cuss is wicked, Steve! It's my fav - "I'm a soldier of jah army!.." It was released on Patate cd only, if I'm not mistaken
Digiman

Postby Chocolate Soldier » Sun Dec 05, 2004 6:18 pm

SOunds interesting,
Can't wait for the tunes to be released.
Gi' us a heads up when the wax is avail!
CHeers,
CS
Chocolate Soldier

Postby giab » Sun Dec 05, 2004 7:42 pm

couldn't stay away, eh mario ?
Are these coming out on Belleville Int as well Steve ?
giab

Postby Reggaemusicstore » Sun Dec 05, 2004 8:38 pm

No, out on Jah Warrior label Giab, they're at the pressing plant now, should be soon.....
Reggaemusicstore

Return to General discussion