Tune ID - Early 90s Deejay 'Rikers Island'

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Tune ID - Early 90s Deejay 'Rikers Island'

Postby jmcn1000 » Sat Jan 29, 2005 5:03 pm

Hi,
Wonder if any of you can help. I just got a tape with a wicked deejay cut on it, early 90s type thing. The deejay's going 'mi-mi-me, nuh-nuh-no like go Rikers Island, mi-mi-me, nuh-nuh-no like go Rikers Island...' (as if anyone does, bro). Lovely rhythm too. Anyone who can let me know what it is, or better still, who has a copy they want to sell, will be the recipient of that good feeling you get when you know you've just done a good deed, like help an old lady across the road - a feeling surely Macka B felt on helping that old lady across the road on the cover of his Looks Are Decieving Album... Surely one of the worst album covers in history (and not one of the best albums, either). Or maybe for him the feeling was tempered by the knowledge that he was probably just helping a lady across the road to prove a point and to make a snappy album cover. Whole thing was probably a set up anyway... I ramble. In summary: Give me the name of the record or the cat gets it.
Thanks
J
jmcn1000

Postby dots69 » Sat Jan 29, 2005 5:07 pm

Nardo Ranks 'Mi nuh like Rikers Island' (Mr Doo 45) 90sumting

PS : gotta agree with with your ramble re Macka Bs LP covers !

respect
Dots
worries outernational dublin
dots69

Postby jmcn1000 » Sat Jan 29, 2005 5:10 pm

Wicked!
Thanks Dots, now I know what to look for.
J
jmcn1000

Postby dots69 » Sat Jan 29, 2005 5:14 pm

actually credited Cocoa Tea & Nardo Ranks - in case your scouring the net for it. good luck in your search, dont think its been repressed.

respect
Dots
worries outernational dublin
dots69

Postby Werner » Sat Jan 29, 2005 5:28 pm

it's also on the CD version of Cocoa Tea's 'Rikers Island' album.
Werner

Return to General discussion