Prince Lincoln and the Rasses

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Postby JV » Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:01 pm

I'm quite partial to Prince Lincoln because he was the first reggae singer I had chance to hear & see live, way back in 81 or 82. But just like Junior Delgado, Leroy Smart, Roy Shirley, Jackie Opel etc. his voice is very eccentric and you just adore it or hate it.
JV

Postby Lionofjudah » Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:11 pm

Prince Lincoln - One common need - God sent 12" is one of my favorites. Great tune

Respect
Lionofjudah

Postby Anonymous » Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:31 pm

Mark, that "virgins' standpoint" remark refers to

"not too much at one time."

Yes, Ive heard plenty of Prince Lincoln and love him. I've never noticed anything eccentric about him.
Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:34 pm

Juha, that Prince Lincoln show was Helsinki 1983, and was broadcasted. Ive got recordings but unfortunatelly with some hisses.
Anonymous

Postby JV » Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:36 pm

zoki wrote:Juha, that Prince Lincoln show was Helsinki 1983, and was broadcasted. Ive got recordings but unfortunatelly with some hisses.

Funnily enough I received a copy of that show too from our common friend Giorgos from Greece. I guess your copy comes from that source too.
JV

Postby Anonymous » Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:41 pm

Yes, a nice man Giorgos sent me a copy. But Id recommend you to check the other Prince Lincoln show (Spain) that I forwarded to jah bill (and I got it courtesy of Inyaki), its much better one. The backing band was fabolous, Prince Lincoln's voice eccentric as usual, and the recording was made off the board.

Efty got a copy recently from my parrot, seems he likes it.
Anonymous

Previous

Return to General discussion