Rarest 12" in your collection

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Re: Rarest 12" in your collection

Postby AdamClark » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:29 pm

Vivian Jones - Physical 12" is my rarest
AdamClark

Postby Selector77 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:39 pm

Anthony Selassie - Variety , Genesis Music 12"

Ossie D & Stevie G - Just Be Nice, Dub Irator 12"

Babsy Dixon - Rumours, Classic Sounds 12"
Nah Roll The Rock, Nah Sniff The Cocaine
Selector77

Postby kalcidis » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:57 pm

I have a 12" without credits on the Peach Music imprint. One side is Clair McLean & Norman Star Collin with »Back Together Again« the flip side is Simple Simon with »The Creator« with Early B following doing his »Stop the Robbery« (haven't heard this cut anywhere else before). I've never ever seen this disco before or after.

Then of course I've got a couple of scarce and sought other discos. But that Peach 12" is a real mystery for me. Would love to know more about the label and the producers. Especially the Early B-song. I wonder if there might be more songs from that session.

Some other discos I really rate and rarely see or hear about are;
Mr. Sparling - Mr. Sparling (Roots Rockers 12")
Maddo - Little Young Girl/.44 Magnum (Mukasa 12")
Mr. Spaulding - The Ball (The Message 12")
Merger - Biko (Emergency Records 12")
Junior Khadaffie - Respect to all Notch (Kahdaffie Revealers 12")
kalcidis

Postby Selector77 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:13 pm

kalcidis wrote:I have a 12" without credits on the Peach Music imprint. One side is Clair McLean & Norman Star Collin with »Back Together Again« the flip side is Simple Simon with »The Creator« with Early B following doing his »Stop the Robbery« (haven't heard this cut anywhere else before). I've never ever seen this disco before or after.

Then of course I've got a couple of scarce and sought other discos. But that Peach 12" is a real mystery for me. Would love to know more about the label and the producers. Especially the Early B-song. I wonder if there might be more songs from that session.

Some other discos I really rate and rarely see or hear about are;
Mr. Sparling - Mr. Sparling (Roots Rockers 12")
Maddo - Little Young Girl/.44 Magnum (Mukasa 12")
Mr. Spaulding - The Ball (The Message 12")
Merger - Biko (Emergency Records 12")
Junior Khadaffie - Respect to all Notch (Kahdaffie Revealers 12")

I've seen he Early B - Stop The Robbery on Rebel Force 7"..not sure if it's the same on the 12". Also, I think the simple simon is on rebel force 7" too.

The Jr Khadaffie is killer and super rare. I pulled a copy from an NY record shop for a few bucks about 7-8 years ago. There was another copy which I left behind. Also, I saw a copy on go for $30 on ebay a couple years back.
Selector77

Postby Selector77 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:19 pm

AdamClark wrote:Vivian Jones - Physical 12" is my rarest

Never understood why this is regarded as one of the best digital tunes. It is rare though.
Selector77

Postby Ola B » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:57 pm

Probabaly Johnny Osbourne - Hold them, might be some other ones Im unaware of. I let Archie Plamer -Man be careful, Jahfa Culture Listen to we, Ever Red - Dem no ruff and some others go to finance studioworks.

Some other semi-rare like Delroy Williams - Think Twice, Little Kirk - Weed them out, Little Clarkie - Selector him Good, Bubbly & Rock, Mungo Mtoto -Ghetto Children, Vincent Taylor Living a lie, Selah Collins - Cool down sufferer, Hax saw -Nuh fatten roach fe fowl etc
Ola B

Postby kalcidis » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:04 pm

Selector77 wrote:I've seen he Early B - Stop The Robbery on Rebel Force 7"..not sure if it's the same on the 12". Also, I think the simple simon is on rebel force 7" too.

Wow! Never seen that release. I would think it's the same version since the Simple Simon is the same song and on the same label. Who was the owner of Rebel Force? Can't see the logic of pairing a JA dancehall side with a UK lovers rock side. But I'm glad they did since it's a back to back thrill listening to it.

The Jr Khadaffie is killer and super rare. I pulled a copy from an NY record shop for a few bucks about 7-8 years ago. There was another copy which I left behind. Also, I saw a copy on go for $30 on ebay a couple years back.

Yeah. Love that song. Never seen a copy for sale and traded for mine not too long ago. Can't imagine people are really checking for it though so I can imagine that it goes cheap whenever it turns up. It's neither deep roots or digi. ;) Just a phenomenal rub-a-dub song ... and rubba dubb is incredibly overlooked these days (luckily for people like me...).
kalcidis

Postby Selector77 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:20 pm

kalcidis wrote:
Selector77 wrote:I've seen he Early B - Stop The Robbery on Rebel Force 7"..not sure if it's the same on the 12". Also, I think the simple simon is on rebel force 7" too.

Wow! Never seen that release. I would think it's the same version since the Simple Simon is the same song and on the same label. Who was the owner of Rebel Force? Can't see the logic of pairing a JA dancehall side with a UK lovers rock side. But I'm glad they did since it's a back to back thrill listening to it.

Yeah. Love that song. Never seen a copy for sale and traded for mine not too long ago. Can't imagine people are really checking for it though so I can imagine that it goes cheap whenever it turns up. It's neither deep roots or digi. ;) Just a phenomenal rub-a-dub song ... and rubba dubb is incredibly overlooked these days (luckily for people like me...).

Rebel force..Can't remember, but the producer's last name might be McKoy or Mckay.

The dub to special request is insane with lots cool sounds and effects, hence the title of the version side: special effects. The tune is menacing, dark and seedy which is reminiscent of new york city at that time. I guess that is why I love it so much.
Selector77

Postby DeepSelector » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:27 pm

Ola B wrote:Archie Plamer -Man be careful

Niiice one , i'm still after it!!

I have another very rare by Archie Palmer call "Life Is Not Easy" on the Progress Miami , seen it only once , tuff stepper roots...while i saw 3 times the "Man Be Carefull" , probably them were pressed in the same ammount of copies , probably less than 500...
I also have by him "Lonley Girl" on a famous Barry Brown riddim (Step it up???) also this one i've never seen another one!
The others Archie Palmer's tunes i've seen are quite weak

Little productions but 100% quality music!
Uday Shankar "Give the audience what they like before they know what they like"

http://www.youtube.com/rootikalist
DeepSelector

Postby Baba Jonah » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:50 pm

Not a rare tune, but a two nice pre release:

Vibescreator / Tablet 'Africa / Abeba 12" (from Flo as a present)

Reality Souljahs / Conscious Sounds 'Jah Pon Me Mind' (Rise & Shine riddim) (bought from Dougie on eBay)

Nice tunes, big up to Flo for my wonderful gifts cheers my brother.

Aside from these,

Aba Shanti 'Jah Love' 12" reasonably hard to find, obviously not as hard as say, Sowell Radics 'Wheel o' Mathilda' which sadly I cant afford!!!!
http://www.facebook.com/jahecho.hifi
http://www.facebook.com/CentahSound
Baba Jonah

Postby Ola B » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:01 pm

RE Deepselector. I did hurt to let go that one, but the buyer will play it more than I do now so all good. Pure soul voicing from Archie, loved to drop the bass on Man be careful when he start singing in falsetto. Anyways Man be careful is a cut of Barry Brown Step it up, so he did voice a 2nd cut on on the same label?
Ola B

Postby RB » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:08 pm

archie palmer - music alone shall live (progress 12") is a nice cut of satta, good tune...

jr kadaffie - special request to all notch is pure heat. love that tune, the 12" is killer.
RB

Postby DeepSelector » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:10 pm

Ola B wrote:RE Deepselector. I did hurt to let go that one, but the buyer will play it more than I do now so all good. Pure soul voicing from Archie, loved to drop the bass on Man be careful when he start singing in falsetto. Anyways Man be careful is a cut of Barry Brown Step it up, so he did voice a 2nd cut on on the same label?

Yes , same riddim of "man be carefull" different lyrics

archie palmer - music alone shall live (progress 12") , I have a little clip of that one....uhm...don't really like it , same with "Survival" and few others i've seen on ebay in the last 2/3 years
Uday Shankar "Give the audience what they like before they know what they like"

http://www.youtube.com/rootikalist
DeepSelector

Postby supplanter » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:00 pm

Not rare songs, as most people know them...but rare in 12" form with their original sleeves:

Freddie McKay - Jah Love I/Caught You Red Handed (Lucky Star)
Hugh Mundell - Book of Life (Rockers)

I bought a PA system off a dread in the mid-80's, and these were both amongst a healthy collection of mint 12" records he threw into the deal. The PA was crap, the freebies are priceless to me.
supplanter

Postby Primitive Don » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:51 pm

I dunno if it's rare or not, but I have a hectic gun talk 12" on Steelie & Clevie on the same riddim as 'Ting a Ling' by Shabba. Both sides say 'Version' so I wasn't sure who it was. From checking the riddim databases, it looks like it's 'Shot No Talk' by Mad Cobra. It's not on Youtube, so I can't full corroborate that info entirely. I'm not usually a fan of murder tunes, but I do like the riddim, and the 12" has a couple interesting versions/instros.
'Let Jah arise and let his enemies be scattered away' - Barry Brown
Primitive Don

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion