Rarest 12" in your collection

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Rarest 12" in your collection

Postby kingchamp06 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:12 pm

Someone posted a rare LP topic and i'm posting the rare 12"

Mines is

1) Pliers - Murder We Wrote 12" on Pioneer Music

2) Jr Reid - Jail house on Kg Imperial
kingchamp06

Postby dougie conscious » Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:17 pm

mine was,release the chains barry brown tuff rock label
dougie conscious

Postby kalcidis » Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:30 pm

Neville Tate - Change Your Character (Clappers) maybe. I really don't have that many discos.
kalcidis

Postby ephteeay » Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:47 pm

(not many people followed the 'LP' part in the first thread.. not even the thread creator! :o ) but anyway.... a couple i don't see as often as others (& that i love to death as well) : -

the paragons & jah stone - riding high & GT 185 / high note 12"
earth & stone - satta masagana (without horns) / give me / cord 12"
ephteeay

Postby Dubac » Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:50 pm

...am I still the only person in the world who has 'No More Heartaches' by Keble Drummond & I Roy? (I guess he's the DJ though he isn't credited.)

This thread just made me listen to that 12" again and I can't believe it draws a blank on Google. Is it known under another title perhaps?

--
Dubac

Postby soufriere1 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:18 pm

Bobby Aitken - Kiss Bam Bam blank 12

Ark - Jah Forgive I

Boom T.O. roots 12.

Devastating toronto?amlton studio (wired by Jammy when he was a young engineers ...and gun runner here in Toronto). Jerry should be considered up there in the top ten as one of the most innovative engineers ever. Backing musicians were a mix of legends (Joe Isaacs, JAckie Mittoo, Sibbles, Willie Williams, Bbby Graynair, Waynie McGhie, Stranger Cole, Johnnie OSbourne) in addition to a mix of aspiring Canadian youngsters such as (Zuba/Collin - drummer for earth Roots and Water.

One of Alton's sons. Jerry altered the 12 to give it a MAde in JA look, when it was done wholely in MAlton.

Better version than the Studio 1? I think so....and the B side is a better tune!

King Culture production. Don't know wheher this was mixed at Tubby's?? I'll ask him next time we bump shoulders.

K in Canada.
This one will educate, inform and inspire sounds from the Ethiopian empire.
soufriere1

Postby Nicholas » Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:49 pm

Many US reggae records labels have the same lettering style (Carron, some Tafari, More Relation, City Line, Faithful, ...) and also a rather basic, monochromic design. I wonder why... Was there at that time (circa 1980 to 1984) in Brooklyn a Jamaican designer/printer connected to many reggae artists ?......

N.
Nicholas

Postby Nicholas » Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:57 pm

... Oh, and I have No More Heartaches by the Cables (Harry J HJ 218, 1977).
Maybe these are not among the most sought after records.

And anyway, soufriere1 spoils it all...

N.
Nicholas

Postby englishpound » Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:42 pm

soufriere1 wrote:
Devastating toronto?amlton studio (wired by Jammy when he was a young engineers ...and gun runner here in Toronto). Jerry should be considered up there in the top ten as one of the most innovative engineers ever. Backing musicians were a mix of legends (Joe Isaacs, JAckie Mittoo, Sibbles, Willie Williams, Bbby Graynair, Waynie McGhie, Stranger Cole, Johnnie OSbourne) in addition to a mix of aspiring Canadian youngsters such as (Zuba/Collin - drummer for earth Roots and Water.

I can't believe that I used to live just a few minutes away from there back in the early 80's....I was a rocker then. Closest I got to reggae in those days was 'Electric Avenue'. K you gotta give me the address of that house in Malton, (sure I saw it on one of the labels) I'm gonna make a pilgrimage there soon...
Sat Sri Akal
englishpound

Postby soufriere1 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:01 pm

englishpound wrote:
soufriere1 wrote:

I can't believe that I used to live just a few minutes away from there back in the early 80's....I was a rocker then. Closest I got to reggae in those days was 'Electric Avenue'. K you gotta give me the address of that house in Malton, (sure I saw it on one of the labels) I'm gonna make a pilgrimage there soon...

Different owner there now. I can give you the label owner's contact. We down.

BIIIIIIIGGGG TUNNNNNESSSS< K.
soufriere1

Postby englishpound » Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:15 pm

soufriere1 wrote:Different owner there now. I can give you the label owner's contact. We down.

Yeah, I figured that...just want to see the actual place since I'm always passing through Malton. Peace.
Sat Sri Akal
englishpound

Postby soufriere1 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:30 pm

englishpound wrote:
soufriere1 wrote:Different owner there now. I can give you the label owner's contact. We down.

Yeah, I figured that...just want to see the actual place since I'm always passing through Malton. Peace.

you didn't think I'd be up on that in the seconds after my first discovery?

Where you been, Peter?

K.
soufriere1

Postby Roman » Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:51 pm

I don't now if this one is the rarest, but I think it's rare enough... I've only seen it once in my life...

Session Men - Soltude/Abu Baka - Introducing Abu Baka (Discomix)
Michael Smith - Mi Cyaan Believe It / Roots

LKJ label...

How rare is this 12" inna Inglan?
Roman

Postby Ron » Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:52 pm

"What about those red balls they have on car aerials so you can spot your car in a park. I think all cars should have them!" (Homer Simpson)."
Ron

Postby wareika » Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:17 am

It's always hard to say what is rare. And what is Rare is not always killer. Here are some that are IMO rare and good:

Lacksley Castell "Jah Children" (Hungry Town)
Wayne Wade "Jah Vengence" (Yabby You pre)
Dennis Brown "Why Fool" (Thompson Sounds)
Chantells + DJ "Bad Reputation" (Phase One)

wareika
wareika

Next

Return to General discussion