man that juks incorporation

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

man that juks incorporation

Postby jb welda » Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:10 pm

has some HEAVY booker t style keyboard stylings in it. best of jackie mittoo almost, as i would say. i could listen to this over and over (and in fact have been since i got the remaster from a certain guy).

one love
jah bill
jb welda

Postby JV » Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:28 pm

Wouldn't be so sure it's Jackie Mittoo. Richard Ace or Pablove Black are the other candidates. Some singles from the same era (76-77?) by Richard Ace sound just the same.
JV

Postby dots69 » Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:02 am

blew me away too when i first heard it. never before heard S1 tunes like 'Gumbia Jump' and I a See' Also the uncredited track (on the vinyl) on side 2 in between the versions of 'Never let Go' and 'Ting a Ling' (?)

respect
Dots
worries outernational dublin
dots69

Postby Dadi Digi » Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:01 am

Part 1 or 2 JB ?. I only have prt 1. How does 2 rate anyone ?
"If you ride like lightning, you'll crash like thunder" (M.Buchanan)
Dadi Digi

Postby JV » Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:13 pm

On par with 1. And you get a wicked uncredited Lone Ranger DJ version on Get In The Groove riddim as a bonus surprise.
JV

Postby jb welda » Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:08 pm

part 1 and part 2 and i would be surprised if it were not jackie mittoo on the keys. sure sounds like him, big bold booker t sound.

one love
jah bill
jb welda

Postby Jackie Pablo » Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:58 pm

JV is right about the keyboard playing on these records.

jb should be surprised as Jackie Mittoo is not the only keyboard player on these records. Maybe he is just guessing?

According to the sleeve notes 'Juck's Part 1' & 'Juk's Part 2' feature keyboard playing from Jackie Mittoo, Richard Ace & others.
Jackie Pablo

Postby jb welda » Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:01 pm

somehow i thought that was written by jackie, and missed juhas initials there.

still think the organ passages im referring to are jackie mittoo. sound very much like that bunny lee showcase style of playing.

one love
jah bill
jb welda

Postby jb welda » Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:11 pm

but *whatever*, its still some heavy stuff there.

one love
jah bill
jb welda

Postby Jackie Pablo » Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:30 pm

jb,
you also missed saying what passages you were referring to. More importantly it's good to hear you are enjoying the music.
Jackie Pablo

Postby jb welda » Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:42 pm

i never look at song titles to tell the truth esp on instrumental albums, and im currently at work anyway.

suffice it to say im talking about the tracks where it sounds like jackie mittoo channeling booker t, but i think ive already implied that.

ive had vol 1 on vinyl for a long time; bought the 2 for 1 cd quite a while ago and the gentleman who remastered it sent me the copy im currently listening to at least a year ago, so im very familiar with most of whats on here even if i cant quote chapter and verse as far as titles go.

out of the bunch, jv's sounds the best by far and its been in my home cd player for about a couple weeks now. yes i am enjoying it immensely. theres just something about this sort of B3 (i might assume) organ whooshing that gets to me.

one love
jah bill
jb welda

Postby skunkride » Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:15 pm

untuned B3 !

love it... : )
skunkride

Postby Professor Mushtaq » Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:28 pm

Something you may be interested in Bill - I met a guy the other weekend at the Tamworth Country Music Festival called Stretch, he was sitting in with a mate's band (Country Rock and Roll champions - the Re-Mains) playing a B3 and he had a beautiful Leslie speaker all reinforced for touring. I asked who he normally toured with and he said it was a bunch of guys from PNG and other islands all combined as a sort of log drum orchestra! No recordings as yet but I certainly like the sound of it.
Tamworth is a pretty shocking festival in the main, bad yodellers, line-dancing, Australians singing in American accents, but if you scratched around there was interesting stuff to see.
Lawless Street - The finest in Reggae, Ska & Dub. 2RRR 88.5fm Thursday 4 - 6pm
Professor Mushtaq

Postby jb welda » Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:39 pm

nice one prof. like i said, a b3 with a leslie spkr (didnt mention that part) gets to me everytime! last i was moved in person was catching david lindley and el rayo x at reggae on the river couple years ago, they had the keys player from the faces, ian maclaglin (aka "mac") playing his b3 and leslie and it was enough to make me swoon. really really brought the performance up to an A++ from its otherwise A+ rating in my book.

anywhere, back to the conversation i was having with mr pablo here, one tune im specifically thinking of successfully melds this thread with another we are currently engaged in ("squared off in" sounds too antagonistic) and thats the tune based on drum song on, i think, vol 2. now theres some of the organ playing im talking about. i keep voicing in my head the lyrics to that yabby u song about "run away to the land of the sinking sands" but im probably incorrect on both the lyrics and the yabby u part.

it occurs to me with a name like "jackie" (mittoo) (augustus) "pablo", you might well be some kinda keyboard lover yourself...could that be correct?

one love
jah bill
jb welda

Postby clsnacky » Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:27 am

If you all don't mind my asking, what is Juks incorpopration? Follow up question...where is it available? I love me some B3 with a Leslie!
clsnacky

Next

Return to General discussion