Anyone had dealings with Al Cohen aka Collie-Tree aka dublp@

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Anyone had dealings with Al Cohen aka Collie-Tree aka dublp@

Postby Anonymous » Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:47 pm

Don't get me wrong I'm not casting even the slightest hint of anything Mr. Cohen's way, in fact he's been the perfect seller so far, it's just that an item purchased from him hasn't turned up after a long time, it was insured, and I 'should' get my money back. An Item and cash were involved in my purchase, I would like to get the item back as the trade or 'price' included this. His e-mail is dublp@? I've removed the last part to preserve his privacy.
My basic wonder is, have you had dealings with him, what were your experiences, I'm particularly interested if you dealt with him privately and not through eBay as I have.
Again I must EMPHASISE that I am not calling his honesty into question in the least, just looking for further clarification tht my trust in him is warranted.
If you prefer not to share your thoughts here ( and perhaps that would be the fairest thing to do) then please e-mail me directly, or private message me.

Many thanks if you find the time to help me out,

Mike.
Anonymous

Postby KING RATHID » Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:18 pm

Did you order dubs? Its one of the most unpredictable things you can do over the net. The amount of stories about people paying for dubs and not recieving is unbelievable!!!!

Steve @ Jah freedom is a good skin and he delievers the goods pretty quick!!!!
Worries Outanational - Dublin
KING RATHID

Postby I-wan » Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:07 am

Hi BMD,
I live in the same city as Al and buy records from him face to face. I can honestly say that you have nothing to fear. He isn't a guy out to make a quick dollar and from my experience is straight up when selling music. Whatever dispute you have with him should come to a reasonable conclusion. If it is taking an extremely long time for your record to get to you it could be the fault of Canada Post. They aren’t the most efficient at the best of times. It’s good you have it insured. There must be some kind of tracking number you can use to help you locate your item, no?
Ok, best of luck.
I-wan
I-wan

Postby gryffe » Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:03 am

this guy cohens name rings a bell. wasnt there a stooshie involving him on the old board?- although i think he was claiming he was the injured party. maybe im getting him mixed up with somebody else.
gryffe

Postby Anonymous » Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:15 pm

I-Wan, thanks for the good words, you said -
Whatever dispute you have with him should come to a reasonable conclusion

And I'm pretty certain it will in whatever way, As i say i have felt nothing but good vibes from Al, and he seems a most honest and upright chap, the post here really is a forewarned and forearmed type of thing, a just in case safety net, just in case there was the remotest chance that someone might help. I've heard recently that Canadian post is a bit ****, and actually sometime ago i had a cd from Canada appear after over a month, so it's just possible. i'm just very very upset to have this particular item go wayward. It seems I'am hexed as far as this particular item goes, i've been outbid three times tying to get in on Ebay, I've missed one opportunity to find it privately and then finally when i do through Al initialising the 'trade' it goes missing in the post. I just can't seem to win, and it's something I've tried to track down for 3-4 years !

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh

Thanks for the help ppeps.

Mikey.,
Anonymous

collie tree

Postby fran » Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:03 pm

just to let you know that i've deal a few times with al before ebay was in the place, and i never get trouble with him, but as far as i remember, i get the records a few weeks after i sent him the money....

cheers
fran
fran

Postby Dadi Digi » Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:05 pm

I am also waiting on a Phase One 12" from him right now. No response to the email I sent him yesterday.
"If you ride like lightning, you'll crash like thunder" (M.Buchanan)
Dadi Digi

Postby Anonymous » Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:52 pm

Hi DD, yes he's gone quiet over the last two / three days, same for me, so no worries i don't think.. he'll turn up, he was quiet when i first got back in contact, but was soon very attentive indeed.

Mikey..
Anonymous

Return to General discussion