Ray Charles ****

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Postby Anonymous » Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:42 am

Now they Got BB King and Billy Preston, with Bruce effing willis playing Harmonica... these people are like a disease.. it's a plague, it's AMERICANA...
Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:43 am

**** that **** on TV mate, but the film is very good indeed and Ray had the screenplay/script etc read out to him and approved of it.

I think he may have also listened to the finished product shortly before he passed.

But you're right, all these "tribute" things are just a publicity stunt for Elton John, Eric Clapton, Sting, etc, etc to act as if they're hardcore fans of the artist when we all know they're **** not.

Respect

Gordon
Anonymous

Postby 6655321 » Sat Jan 22, 2005 2:19 pm

"In societies where modern conditions of production prevail, all of life presents itself as an immense accumulation of spectacles. Everything that was directly lived has moved away into a representation." - Guy Debord
www.notbored.org

Postby dots69 » Sat Jan 22, 2005 2:25 pm

i was flickin through the channels when i saw Elephant John destroy a Ray Charles original. that was more than enough for this kid !

respect
Dots
worries outernational dublin
dots69

Return to General discussion