London Town Here I Come!!

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

London Town Here I Come!!

Postby Anonymous » Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:25 pm

Just booked my travel for the Mash It Up! weekend.

Get into London at 17-20 on Thursday 31st, that gives me plenty of time to drop my bags off, chill for an hour or so, get some food down my neck then it's off to Solar Radio for the midnight shift!

Friday will be a morning of relaxation, followed by a trip to get some cheap tunes in the afternoon. Saturday, footy on the telly in the daytime, MIU! at night!

Sunday is reserved for a possible session - then home on Monday afternoon.

Looking forward to linking with my old London Baffer chums again(Pilot, Richie, MSE, Ian, etc) and meeting my new London Baffer chums for the first time(Baldy, Zapatoo, etc).

Here's the best part - I'm coming down by coach(takes 7 and a half hours....) but I got a special promotional fare for NINE QUID return! :D

Respect

Gordon
Anonymous

Postby CC » Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:46 pm

Here's the best part - I'm coming down by coach(takes 7 and a half hours....) but I got a special promotional fare for NINE QUID return!

LOL, you go Gordy, cheaper than coming to Leeds huh?
CC&DC Sound System
www.cc-dc.tk
CC

Postby DrSuperlove » Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:47 pm

**** hell, i can barely get out of town for nine quid
DrSuperlove

Postby Bilko » Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:51 pm

Shop for boots is probably Holt's, right next to Camden Town tube and opposite the Halfway House pub.
Better deals at Blackman's on Cheshire Street but he ain't open on Saturdays.
in every category my subject is version
Bilko

Postby Bilko » Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:55 pm

[quote="Bilko"]Shop for boots is probably Holt's, right next to Camden Town tube and opposite the Halfway House pub.
Better deals at Blackman's on Cheshire Street but he ain't open on Saturdays.[/quote]

Ooops - should have been for the frog geezer! :roll:
in every category my subject is version
Bilko

Postby ian » Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:32 pm

Yes Gordy, looking forward to hearing your selection!

You say 'followed by a trip to get some cheap tunes in the afternoon.' Let me know where you're getting cheap tunes from in London!! :lol:
ian

Postby Anonymous » Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:41 pm

Doesn't Mr CD still have cheap CDs in?

Respect

Gordon
Anonymous

Postby ian » Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:24 pm

ah yes, of course! I was thinking you were talking about 2nd hand vinyl, which there is plenty of, but of course its probably worth starting to save now for that! :lol:
ian

Postby Anonymous » Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:00 pm

Gordon when are you coming down this way exactly, i heard you were due in Early April, was hoping to hook up.. ?

And talking fares, i found a one way Plane ticket to Nice (south of France) fromManston in North Kent, for £11 (yes that's £11) not including airport tax, but who ****' cares... ha hah , they reserve the right to cancel your flight up to 72hrs before hand, so we've chosen to book for a standard fare with Easy Jet, at £49 return... same way.

P.s. I did a coach trip back from North Devon when the car broke down a while back that was 8hrs, from Bideford, it was alright, i dreaded it, but ended up chatting to a guy who got on in Taunton for most of the journey, he was ex Para who'd been on black Op's in Ireland, yeah i know there are more people caliming to be in the Para or SAS then ever could have been, but this guy was quiet & reserved and not at all braggart, we arrived at Victoria with me getting a train down to the South and he off back out West, and i said join me for a drink, we had a Guiness, and shook hands, and i said oh... by the way my name's mike after maybe 7hrs chat, and he smiled and said... so am I. One of those nice little things, you know that sticks in the memory..
Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:30 pm

Yep, sometimes I strike up a conversation myself with people but not for hours on end :D

Last time I went to London on the coach, a gorgeous woman sat directly opposite me on the other side - I'd say she was about 25 and fit as a fiddle. Well when we reached Middlesbrough, a bloke of about my age sat down beside her and they started chatting and I went back to listening to my walkman and minding my own business.

Well she got off at Milton Keynes coachway and I noticed her hand the guy her number and tell him to call her. Once the bus had set off again I complimented the guy on his success and we chatted for the remaining hour or so on the way to London, I told him I was on a record hunting trip and he informed me that he was a Northern Soul fan and he had a few records for sale.

I gave him my e-mail address and wished him a good weekend(he was visiting his sister and brother in law and using the bus as his car was out of action). A week or so later I got a list off him and scored a couple of long time wants from him - Harold Melvin's "Get Out" on Landa for a tenner(should have been about 25 quid) and The Incredibles "Nothing Else To Say" on Audio Arts for fifteen quid(should have been about 30).

Never ever met any other music type people on my travels but always hope to meet that old Jamaican guy who has a box of mint Bluebeats in his attic for a quid each :D

Respect

Gordon
Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:30 pm

Yes Mikey, I'll be down from Thursday April 31st(teatime) til Monday, April 4th(mid afternoon).

Respect

Gordon
Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:12 pm

What you'rnths, that's a long visit.

Please clarify your dates matey peeps, 31st of which, 4th of which ie, ..

he smiles... :-)
Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:14 pm

**** keyboard... was that meant to say 11 months that's a long visit !!!
Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:15 pm

Ooops lol

I MEANT 31st MARCH(Thursday) til 4th April(Monday) :D

Respect

Gordon

PS: That's this year lol
Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:08 am

Nice One Gordon.

I guess the next one to look for is a cheap fare from Frankfurt to London for the same weekend - see if we can't entice Ekki along.....

Baldy.
Anonymous

Next

Return to General discussion