what happened to GREENSLEEVES vinyl represses?

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

what happened to GREENSLEEVES vinyl represses?

Postby ephteeay » Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:31 am

after the 6 scientist dub LPs (essential in everyones collection imo!!!)
i was expecting more of the same... same cover, same label, same music.. i cant imagine this not being successful for them!!
greesnsleeves have one of the best (or the best!) catalogues

if i was greensleeves id also press 12"s! or make a compilation of 12"s
double LP or something.. who wouldnt want that??!!

roots radic magic.
ephteeay

Postby sid » Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:49 am

i was thinking the same ephteeay would love for them to repress some of their old 12"s i did contact them a while back to ask them but i never got a reply maybe if they had lots more requests it might make them consider reissuing them.
sid

Postby David » Wed Jan 19, 2005 2:02 pm

what I want to see is a compilation of their ranking dread tunes, 12"versions. I`m sure that would be a seller, as theres not much of him available and he is quite different than most of the DJs....and thats not usual, as to my ear lots of the dancehall DJs sould quite alike
David

Postby Tomcat » Wed Jan 19, 2005 2:18 pm

there is certainly a demand for GREd releases, if you go on soulseeek and search for them you can get pretty much the whole back catalogue. only problem is they are mp3, have no sleeve, usually imperfections in the sound and you cannot hold them! Good for previewing tunes you want though.

I rang them up one time to ask whether they were intended to repress the Johhny Osbourne album Never Stop Fighting, but they said it is often had to find the original masters, stampers, cover art etc and it is a lot of work. However, as you point out they have one hell of a Roots Radical back catalogue of essential tunes, i'm sure they'll notice it soon.

T
Tomcat

Postby ephteeay » Wed Jan 19, 2005 2:45 pm

COMING OUT SOON:
ranking dread 12" compilation complete with versions. Sleeve notes by a cop.
ephteeay

Postby dj745 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:52 pm

id agree that putting out ltd press 12" reissues , say a bit like the channel one gold series etc would definatley work, or maybe having them packaged as a box set with say 3 12" in one package. get a reggae journalist to do some accompanying notes and it would be fab.
Gred 12" are often seen in second hand shops etc and can usually sell for about £5 to £10 so there is a demand.
Come on Greensleeves!!! we want a bit more than riddim albums!!!
dj745

Postby jb welda » Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:08 pm

>COMING OUT SOON:
>ranking dread 12" compilation complete with versions. Sleeve notes by
>a cop.

stonetone did this a couple years ago. no cops though. wire paladin, san francisco.

one love
jah bill
jb welda

Postby ephteeay » Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:11 am

Gred 12" are often seen in second hand shops etc and can usually sell for about £5 to £10 so there is a demand

on ebay they sell from 20GBP to 70 for some!
ephteeay

Return to General discussion