Meetings with Famous People

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Postby giab » Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:42 am

InI Oneness and The UK Players - great band
they are from my part of woods in the UK
giab

Postby Professor Mushtaq » Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:58 am

Music: BB King, David Bowie, Bono Vox, Billy Bragg, Ian Maclagan, Shane Macgowan, Spider Stacy, Jim Dickinson, Owen Gray, Mad Professor, Turbulence, Anthony B, Mean Dog, Powerman, Mark Iration, Dennis Bovell, Graeme Goodall, Los Lobos, Eddie Tudorpole, and just last weekend The Sheik of Scrubby Creek Chad Morgan.
Politics: Gough Whitlam, the Queen
Sport: Cathy Freeman, Arthur Beetson, Michael Holding, Clive Lloyd, Andy Roberts
Film: Philip Noyce, Sigrid Thornton(!)
Lawless Street - The finest in Reggae, Ska & Dub. 2RRR 88.5fm Thursday 4 - 6pm
Professor Mushtaq

Postby alireggae » Wed Jan 19, 2005 2:21 am

Hey giab, you should check out my radio show if you're in central Auckland it's 107.5 fm or www.juliafm.co.nz for streaming 4pm-6pm Sundays. I often play UK Players, Shanti-ites, Shaka, etc etc.
alireggae

Postby giab » Wed Jan 19, 2005 2:27 am

I'll try & remember Ali, not much of a radio listener I'm afraid
I don't have time to listen to all the records I buy myself, let alone other peoples :)
giab

Postby Ash » Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:54 pm

Pandit G from ADF...Dennis Greaves from the Truth,Judie Tzuke,Roy Walker(catchphrase),Brian n Nigel Clough,lots of the original punkstars,and Nicky Clarke(handsome chap)
'Blessed is the Man who walketh not in the counsel of the Ungodly'
Ash

Postby Ash » Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:56 pm

Me Mam...
'Blessed is the Man who walketh not in the counsel of the Ungodly'
Ash

Postby Grumpy » Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:11 pm

I was once within spitting distance of Daniel Arap Moi and Jaffer Nimeiri. In 1980, I think. On a street in Khartoum.

I also had a brief conversation with the late Vivian Stanshall in the gents at the Students Union of North Staffs Poly, the burden of which chat was that I shouldn't drink so much lager. That would have been 1972 or 1973.

And as I mentioned in another thread I was at school with a boy who went on to be John Selwyn Gummer's private parliamentary secretary though I prefer to remember him as a child actor in the film "Lord of the Flies".

And in my local pub I occasionally have a drink with one of the stars of The Full Monty (the one who tried to top himself in his car at the beginning of the film).

But of the really and deservedly famous, I have had the good fortune and great pleasure to meet Conscious Pilot and the Dalston Dame, Rob Walsh and CC of this very parish.
Grumpy

Previous

Return to General discussion