We Are Getting Bad: The Sound Of Phase One (Motion)

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Postby King R » Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:29 pm

patxiez wrote:
Sufferer's Hi_fi wrote:How bout a re-issue of PHASE ONE DUBWISE VOL. 1&2 from B&F.

Both LPs were reissued on 1 CD on 97, it didn't include liner notes but the wicked cover artwork was there and for what i remember it sounded great.

PTX

Got the 2LPs at Ernie B's
King R

Postby greedypuppy » Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:11 pm

Vocal cut of Lightning & Thunder

Memories-Love Vibration (Phase One 12)
greedypuppy

Postby wareika » Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:03 pm

All tune available on the label (and Sagitarius) appeared on Ray's website.

There was some 7" and 12" reissued circa 2000. I don't know if they are style available tho'. Otherwise there is not a lot to add. The BAF and Motion comp are really worth having (Especially Motion one IMHO). There is also the Chantells LP which was reissued (actually a slighty diff version compared to the original press) and a comp called "Phase One Collectors". Both appeared on vynil and were distributed by Sprint as the Dub LPs. From memory the Sprint reissues have a lot repetitions if you have the Motion and BAF one. The dub LPs has alternative dubs compared to the 7". The vol 1 is my fav one.

wareika
wareika

Postby Sufferer's Hi_fi » Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:15 pm

Thanx for the info GREEDYPUPPY & WAREIKA.
If by Ray's site you mean XRAY dub pages I checked that out as well as RKR. I also have the re-press of the Chantells LP, guess I'll just have to check for the other stuff and hope it pops up.

THANX AGAIN,
PAPA D
What does it profit a man to gain the whole world and lose his soul?
Sufferer's Hi_fi

Re: We Are Getting Bad: The Sound Of Phase One (Motion)

Postby Donovan » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:24 am

I was listening to the BAF collection Children of Jah last night. I had forgotten how much I love this reissue and Phase One's tuneful productions. So I figured "Man, I never got the collection on the Motion label".

Did a quick search and prices are outrageous. $50-80 for a decent copy! But there is a UK shop on Ebay (cirius-music) that has several new copies for $9. Snapped one up quickly. If you never got this collection now is the time to grab one of the last few. No affiliation with seller, just a public service announcement.
"Touch them magically with the rod of melody, We will never let them go" Roy Shirley, Touch Them
Donovan

Postby Benj65 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:43 am

Many thanks, Donovan, just ordered mine. Cheers!
Cheers!

Ben
Benj65

Postby 99thfloor » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:40 am

There are usually copies on Discogs as well.

I have this CD for sale myself (drop me a PM).
99thfloor

Previous

Return to General discussion