u roy - black heart.. what is the riddim?

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

u roy - black heart.. what is the riddim?

Postby ephteeay » Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:08 am

anyone know this tune / riddim used? a lloyd charmers production..
thanks..
ephteeay

Postby Dubac » Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:58 am

That's odd :?: According to Tapir, it's an alternative title for 'Officially'. I have that one on the B-side of Lloyd Charmers' 'What Can I Do' (originally by Donnie Elbert) and it's on the same rhythm as the Charmers vocal. But listening to U Roy's lyrics, I can't see any reason why it would also be called 'Black Heart' :? .

So that could be a bum steer, I suppose - Tapir might have it wrong, or there could be two U Roy/Lloyd Charmers 'Black Heart's and mine isn't the one you want.

Dubac
Dubac

Postby Dubac » Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:03 am

...forgot to say - in Tapir's Reggae Discographies "Black Heart aka Officially" is listed under Caribbean 7s if you want to take a look yourself. But my version of 'Officially' is on XYZ and I think the JA 'Black Heart' was on a Splash 7".
Dubac

Postby Ron » Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:31 pm

I think it was released on Camel (UK) as well.
Ron

Postby mike turner » Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:23 am

Winston Wright used the same riddim on both sides of a record on Blaketone:

Silhouette and
That Did It

Supposedly a Perry production.

Winston did the same That Did It melody for someone else too, maybe for Clancy Eccles but on a different riddim.

Guessing it doesn't have anything to do with the Lloyd Parks tune Officially that came out later: U Roy begins the track proclaiming "Officially! I'm really on the scene."
mike turner

Return to General discussion