Many thanks Trojan…NOT !

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Many thanks Trojan…NOT !

Postby dots69 » Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:56 pm

Whilst perusing through me Trojan LPs today I was reminded of the following :

My copy of ‘Open the Gate’ side 2 is actually ‘Rhythm Shower’ side 2

‘Solid Gold from the Vaults Volume 3’ is in fact a completely different,
as of yet unidentified, compilation

‘Musical Fever’ (Coxsone 67-68) sides 3 and 4 are 1 and 2 repeated

and I’ve just realised that I’ve two copies of ‘Out of Many, One’ (Part Two) and no copy of Part One !!!

Customer Services please :wink:

respect
Dots
worries outernational dublin
dots69

Postby dots69 » Mon Jan 17, 2005 6:05 pm

yikes, a lie i man a tell ! just gone through the 'Solid Gold' comp, it is what it says it is, the track listing is completely arseways though !

respect
Dots
worries outernational dublin
dots69

Postby Pluto » Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:44 pm

I had once bought Lee Perry's "Upsetters & Friends" on Trojan. Sleeves & labels were right but the vinyl actually played Prince Jammy's "Kamikaze Dub". I returned it the next day, but I still have the tape I copied it into. It took several years before I could understand what it actually was. (it's a really good dub LP, btw...)
Pluto

Postby Dubac » Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:38 am

I bought the 'Open The Gate' set when it first came out (1989?) and my copy's fine. But I do know from experience that labelling cock-ups aren't limited to JA 7" pressings. One I have is the David Isaacs 'Place In The Sun' LP that inexplicably credits Delroy Wilson as the artist on both sides :?: :roll:
Dubac

Postby Xacto Metro » Tue Jan 18, 2005 1:14 am

Yeah, I just bought the Ragga Box set and disc 3 sleeve is labeled as disc 3 for the "rarities" box set.

Inna true JA fashion...
Xacto Metro

Return to General discussion