Trojan March releases there

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Trojan March releases there

Postby j j » Mon Jan 17, 2005 6:21 am

Looking forward to the track list for Cornel Campbells "Natty Dread" which is the only one i would be interested in.Can't believe there is another Desmond Dekker comp in the pipeline :x
j j

Postby DrSuperlove » Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:30 pm

**** hell, a desmond dekker retrospective again!

the lee perry box set looks like a missed opportunity, i'll get the ska rarities box for sure
DrSuperlove

Postby Dr Sleeper » Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:45 pm

Although most of it has been released before by Trojan, that Scratch box set has an impressive track listing, all things considered. Interesting (but not surprising) how some of those tracks are on Heartbeat and Pressure Sounds releases...
They have used guns to spoil the fun and force tasteless music upon the land. (Prince Buster)
Dr Sleeper

Postby Donovan » Tue Jan 18, 2005 3:51 am

So what exactly is Cornell Campbell's "Natty Dread"? Is it a reissue of a LP or is it a compilation of 7"s? Possibly the Bunny Lee singles?
Donovan

Postby informer » Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:47 am

The Twin Roots – Know Love (12” Disco Love)

from the forthcoming perry box.

one of my alltime favorite perry tracks.

is this different to the version on "Open the gate" ?

all in all a solid tracklist.
'the one who cleans the s.h.i.t must remember it' (Lee Perry)
informer

Postby Dubac » Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:01 am

informer wrote:The Twin Roots – Know Love (12” Disco Love)

from the forthcoming perry box.

one of my alltime favorite perry tracks.

is this different to the version on "Open the gate" ?

all in all a solid tracklist.

Interesting one that. I bought the Trojan 12" re-release of Know Love, and sadly found it was the same distorted version as on 'Open The Gate'. Some might not be surprised at that, but I had also just bought Rastaman Train in the same series and that one was much better than the CD version on Arkology.

So in the end I gave up and cobbled together a 'Know Love' extended mix of my own from the much cleaner sounding Vocal and Dub versions on Seven Leaves LPs (Heart Of The Ark/Megaton Dub).

Dubac
Dubac

Postby Moses » Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:48 am

Donovan wrote:So what exactly is Cornell Campbell's "Natty Dread"? Is it a reissue of a LP or is it a compilation of 7"s? Possibly the Bunny Lee singles?

I would assume Bunny Lee stuff.
Moses

Postby David » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:08 am

I think that Perry set is ****, o.k., if you dont own any of his thousands of records, that would be fine, but again, who the **** are they producung that CDs for. Of course theres a need and a public for all those anthologies......but arent there enough of Perry-anthologies around?
David

Return to General discussion