He gets around!

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

He gets around!

Postby Ras Berry » Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:27 pm

"Gagarin is not that well known, but his pedigree is pretty impressive. He has produced two amazing low key, fairly ambient electronica CDs that will remind of the best from Metamatics, Dub Tractor, Richard H Kirk, amongst others. Gagarin is percussionist/composer Graham Dowdall. Started drumming for Ludus in the early 80s. Then a sustained period of working with the legendary Nico. Toured the world, made several records including Camera Obscura, produced by John Cale. Became a member of electro/ethnic pioneers Eric Random & The Bedlamites, working with Cabaret Voltaire. Composed for the African National Congress Choir and the theme music for the Ugandan National Lottery. Discogs profile - "After Nico’s death played with numerous people including Suns Of Arqa, Moontwist, Bill Pritchard, Faction etc. Formed trance pop band Sonexuno who have released several vinyl 12"s on their own and other labels including Yello’s Solid Pleasure. Composed for Fishpool Dance Theatre, a sound portrait of Moscow for Radio 3 & Channel 4 production company Just TV. Also a member of Anglo-Japanese fusionists Mekong Zoo."

Guess which is my favourite part of that CV?

:wink:
Ras Berry

Postby giab » Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:33 pm

No idea Ras, but i played support for for Nico & Eric Random & The Bedlamites in 1987, in a band called The Fun Asylum
giab

Postby prajna » Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:08 pm

the theme music for the Ugandan National Lottery

...that, of course, would be the highlight of any muscians career :)
prajna

Re: He gets around!

Postby Chocolate Soldier » Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:47 pm

Ras Berry wrote: Fishpool Dance Theatre

My vote goes to a pool of dancing fish
Chocolate Soldier

Postby Ras Berry » Sun Jan 16, 2005 9:49 pm

Prajna - you're on my wavelength!

:lol:
Ras Berry

Return to General discussion