Dem a call us pirates...

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Dem a call us pirates...

Postby CC » Sat Jan 15, 2005 9:57 am

No more radio shows for a while, Offcom or whoever have clamped us. There goes me 15 mins of fame (until they find somewhere new to set up)
*sigh*
:cry:
CC&DC Sound System
www.cc-dc.tk
CC

D'oh

Postby Ringo » Sat Jan 15, 2005 2:44 pm

The original occupational hazard, Colette. The DTi subcontract to baliffs in London & it is very much a 'no hard feelings' situation - both got jobs to do etc. So long as studio equipment & records were not impounded then you should live to fight another day.

MSE
Ringo

Re: D'oh

Postby CC » Sat Jan 15, 2005 3:55 pm

Ringo wrote:The original occupational hazard, Colette. The DTi subcontract to baliffs in London & it is very much a 'no hard feelings' situation - both got jobs to do etc. So long as studio equipment & records were not impounded then you should live to fight another day.

MSE

Very true Ringo, nothing was impounded thank goodness :)
CC&DC Sound System
www.cc-dc.tk
CC

Postby englishpound » Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:19 pm

Big up all pirates in the UK and worldwide....especially my people at Frontline Radio 106.3 in Wolverhampton (currently off the air...but they will be back...stronger than before). Big respect going out to Suga Love, Renny Rankin and the whole crew. Also can't forget Criss FM outa Birmingham....big up all the DJ's past and present...Beanhead, Inspecta Lee, Mystery Lady, Lady DC, Junior Banton, Long Throat Demus, Trevor T... Concrete respect going out to Trevor aka Indian for recording me all those cassettes...my first exposure to real reggae music. Peace.
Sat Sri Akal
englishpound

'Appen To Be Kriss

Postby Ringo » Sat Jan 15, 2005 5:08 pm

Good to hear a mention for Kriss there Mr Pound. My long time friend Mr GB leads the Uprising Crew right there so with his mixed up moods and attitudes show on a Wed & the full crew - Geekus & Normski etc - Friday drivetime. The whole Kriss entourage have terrific nights at Club Krush, Dudley, if you were not already aware.

Not too forget Daddy Studio One Rice & Peas time on New Style Radio (legal they legal) on Sunday afternoons.

Keep listening !!

MSE
Ringo

Postby englishpound » Sat Jan 15, 2005 6:01 pm

Respect for that info Ringo...only problem is...I live in Canada. I rely on my bredda to record me the radio sessions. He's been doing so since the mid to late 90's so he has loads of archives. I don't know where I would have been without some of those tapes....CRUCIAL !!
Sat Sri Akal
englishpound

A HA

Postby Ringo » Sat Jan 15, 2005 6:50 pm

A night out in Dudley might be a bit of a stretch then !

MSE
Ringo

Just remembered

Postby Ringo » Sat Jan 15, 2005 6:57 pm

I am fairly sure that New Style Radio is on da internet, Mr Pound. Outta Dudley Road, B'ham. Well worth a look ??

MSE
Ringo

Postby Anonymous » Sat Jan 15, 2005 7:05 pm

http://www.newstyleradio.co.uk/nsframes.html

I e-mailed Daddy Studio through the site a few months ago but never received a reply.

Respect

Gordon
Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Sat Jan 15, 2005 7:08 pm

Click at the top right to listen live.

Respect

Gordon
Anonymous

Rice and Peas

Postby Ringo » Sat Jan 15, 2005 7:11 pm

Try while he is on tomorrow pm, Big Man.

MSE
Ringo

Postby englishpound » Sat Jan 15, 2005 7:17 pm

Cheers Ringo & Gordon...I'll give it a go. I will hopefully be back in the UK this summer for Carnival so maybe I can check out that night in Dudley...I'll only be down the road in Wolverhampton so it won't be too much of a stretch...I hope. Anyone know if that record shop called Virgo Music Mix is still there in Dudley..or is it long gone like most of it's kind? Peace.
Sat Sri Akal
englishpound

Postby Anonymous » Sat Jan 15, 2005 7:29 pm

*sigh* some people, honestly, they forget what broadcasting music is all about (i.e. people having decebt stuff to listen to).
And whats wrong with pirates? :wink: Just cos it's non-profit to them, blah blah blah. :roll:

xXxXxXxXx
Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Sat Jan 15, 2005 7:53 pm

Well said Pixie!

By the way people, watch this space, I feel one of my legendary Shoutcast sessions coming on - 3 hours of the finest revive reggae and soul for your listening pleasure :D

Respect

Gordon
Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Sat Jan 15, 2005 8:13 pm

What's wrong with Pirates?
My dads mate who plays fiddle in his string band is the guy employed to track down problematic signal sources. And though I love pirate radio here's why it's a problem.
The signals can interupt everything from Emergency services to Surface to Air Comms, etc. He spent a day tracking down a signal that was causing major problems for Airplanes landing at Heathrow, it was a Baby Alarm !! Broadcasting a signal that was interupting one of the emergency channels for the Air Control services.. ! yes i know a baby alarm isn't pirate radio, but the end oproduct is similar - So that's the problem.

While I whole heartedly want choice and a range of music wider than the **** they play on liscenced radio,.....
Anonymous

Next

Return to General discussion