UK Digital Roots 10" Format Question?

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

UK Digital Roots 10" Format Question?

Postby Andy G » Fri Jan 14, 2005 7:37 pm

Odd question here for all the UK digital producers on the board (steve, russ, dougie, etc.).

Something I have been wondering is why most of the 10" are usually formated to have two mixes on each side. Any reason you don't make one extended disco mix on, for example, side A and have 2 separate mixes on the flip?

Again, kind of odd question, but I love it when a tunes 1st mix fades into the dub discomix style. Just seems like most of the stuff coming from UK has completely separate tracks. Make sense?

Peace.
Andy G

Postby Reggaemusicstore » Fri Jan 14, 2005 7:44 pm

Andy, that of course was done in the 70's on 12" when they'd use a tape splicer for editing. It could still be done now but I think most people prefer the format of separate cuts and it makes it easier to separate when playing the vinyl. I've put 4 cuts of the same tune on a 12" before but nowadays i have so much stuff finished & waiting to release that i'd rather put 2 different tunes with just 2 cuts of each on a 10". Respect......
Reggaemusicstore

Return to General discussion