Ragga/Jungle Top Tunes?

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Ragga/Jungle Top Tunes?

Postby ian » Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:30 pm

Following on from another thread about old school dance tunes, what are all you ex-ravers favourite ragga/jungle tunes from '93-'95 era...?

I love the junglist mix of Capleton's 'Tour'. A tune well suited to being mashed up! :D
ian

Postby Anonymous » Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:55 pm

Top Cat - Ruffest Gun Ark(?)

loads of them Junglist tunes - brings back happy memories of getting mashed on herb and dancing all night.

One that samples Cutty Ranks "Limb by limb we a go cut them down send fe the hack saw..."

Also Dred Bass sampling Dr Alimantado when the time stretch became really big... "what the time you have the dread...." massive tune.

There is also a wicked tune that samples Tony Rebel's "The Herb".

Too many to think off.

2 of my favourite junglist tunes from back in the day was an Omni Trio 10" called "Crack Is Evil" and another called "The Flute Tune" done by a couple of blokes in Gateshead near where I live released on the Metalheadz label.

Me mate has all of them big tunes on white label from back in the early hardcore days right upto present. His junglist / drum and bass record collection is iabsolutely huge and must be worth a fortune now.
Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Fri Jan 14, 2005 7:13 pm

Anonymous

Postby ian » Fri Jan 14, 2005 7:33 pm

wiiiiiiccccccckkkkkkkkkkeeeeeeeeddddddddddddddddddd!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice one yms, thats a BIG BAD tune!

Sadly I didn't buy any tunes at that time, just jumped around and got messy to them, but have picked up a few retrospectively and have been having a lil rave here in my living room for the last hour!! :lol: :lol:

One BIG tune I've been loving is Frankie Paul - My Soul Da Jungle. All them gunshots, sirens and bad-ass basslines have been driving me wild!!
ian

Postby Lord Dubious » Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:15 pm

Soundmurderer, out of Michigan, has some new olde-style type jungle tunes. most are up as mp3s at his label site:
http://www.rewind-records.com/

takes his name from a Remarc tune from the 90s. planet mu has two comps of his stuff. well wikkid. you can hear samples at their site:
http://www.planet-mu.com/

riiiiight!
I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!
Lord Dubious

Postby rez » Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:44 pm

Roughest Gunark - Top Cat, wicked tune have it somewhere must dig it out! I'll never forget Brendan Grace in father Ted with his ghetto blaster asking ted if it was ok if he played some music, and when he pressed play cutty ranks starts booming out inna junglist style! Wicked tune.

Know it was a big pop hit and all but the best of any of these tunes to me isOriginal Nuttah - Shy FX & UK Apache always made me go nuts....."babwoi inna Englan...."
rez

Postby Digiman » Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:28 pm

The Rootsman & Ranking Joe - Walk with Jah (Jungle version) (3rd Eye 10")
RJ deejaying over wickedest jungle tune about 7 or 8 minutes
Digiman

Postby Digiman » Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:36 pm

oops... I don't seen what this topic about old ragga-jungle tunes.. 3rd Eye 10" from 2003.. but in old-school stylee -)
Digiman

Postby dots69 » Sat Jan 15, 2005 3:11 pm

Hey Ian seek out Jungle Hits Volumes 1-3 (Street Tuff) for the ultimate collection of Ragga Jungle bizness. if yu still waan more then Breakdown Records series 'Drum & Bass Selections' got the best of the rest

respect
Dots
worries outernational dublin
dots69

Postby englishpound » Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:28 pm

Alex Reece - Pulp Fiction....got a wicked tape with MC Spyda and Bassman riding the riddim.
Sat Sri Akal
englishpound

Postby ian » Sat Jan 15, 2005 6:52 pm

Yes Dots, I have Vol. 2 of the Jungle Hits set and realised after I last posted that the Frankie Paul tune I mentioned is in fact on that comp aswell and is properly called My Sound. The copy I was playing was on white label and was handwritten My Soul The Jungle.....so it goes.... :D

Big Up All Junglist Massive!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
ian

Postby KING RATHID » Sat Jan 15, 2005 8:37 pm

It was jungle dat got me into playing reggae! When the ragga jungle faded out I started buying more 7's. I got all the big ragga tunes! Imo the best one has got to be PIZNA FEAT DEMOLITION MAN! "FIIIIYYAAAAAAHHH NOW WI GUH BUNN DI PLACE DOWN! BIG BIG BIG TUNE! I'm selling all my jungle at the mo but never will I depart with that tune!

Any of you lot ever been to A.W.O.L or Jungle Splash, Telepathy,Helter Skelter, Ect?
Worries Outanational - Dublin
KING RATHID

Postby Varese » Sun Jan 16, 2005 1:06 pm

Ha!!
I used to go to AWOL and places like that regular... At the time I had green dreads and stood out like a sore thumb :lol: Ah- the days of hanging round Black Market bugging Nicky for test presses...
Congo Natty did some wicked stuff, too many to mention. One of my favorites is Aphrodite's "Booyaa" remix; Sophia George AND a big booyaa bassline inna cheesy style :wink:
Ian- most of my ragga jungle is on vinyl in the UK, but drop us a line...
V
Varese

Postby Ash » Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:57 pm

i've seen a trojan jungle cd in the racks,anyone know if its any good?
'Blessed is the Man who walketh not in the counsel of the Ungodly'
Ash

Postby ian » Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:48 pm

Thanks V, I'll send you a PM once I've worked out how to do it... :lol:

Green dreads....... :shock:
ian

Next

Return to General discussion