your most prized record

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Postby trinitymlk » Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:04 pm

Wiss "Mr. Sunshine" on Jah Life

This was one of my first non-Bob tapes way back in the day. I searched for this on disc or LP for years before the Ebay market blew up. I have seen several copies go on Ebay in the past few years.
The album is 100% solid from beginning to end, and some tunes like Equal Rights and Scrabbling Down are among my favorite all-time reggae tunes. Big Respect to Wiss everytime. -MK
trinitymlk

Postby henrik » Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:14 pm

Junior Byles and Rupert Reid "Remember Me" (Ja Man 7")...I finally got it a few months ago. KILLER!
henrik

Postby Zapatoo_the_Tiger » Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:29 pm

tim p wrote:It makes no sense to name just one as there are dozens but I'll do it anyway(!).

Larry Marshall - No One Can Give Me Love/Phill Pratt - Safe Travel on UK Caltone. The Larry Marshall is a good tune, miserable though! The Phil Pratt on the flip is the absolute killer. Produced by Phill Pratt himself while working very closely with Caltone in 1967 this is Rocksteady as good as it gets.
Excellent tune Tim - I hadn't heard that one :) - thanks for the sample :shock:

I've got too many to name...though one is (also on the Caltone label) Roy Shirley "Get On The Ball b/w Johnny Moore "Sound And Soul" an excellent rocksteady two-sider if ever there was one :D 8)

Also (to name another), on Crab - G.G.Grossett "Run Girl Run" b/w Dennis Walks' "The Drifter" another brilliant early reggae two-sider :D 8)
If it don't turn you on, you oughtta leave it alone!!

See me at: http://www.trojanrecords.co.uk/forum/index.php
Zapatoo_the_Tiger

CURRENTLY ONLY,.. ABOUT TO CHANGE.

Postby Anonymous » Fri Jan 14, 2005 11:21 pm

12" LP - JACKPOT OF HITS Original Amalgamated (BECAUSE I FOUND IT FOR £1)
10" LP - AUTHENTIC JAMAICAN CALYPSOS / LONDON LABEL COLLECTION OF AUTHENTIC SERIES UK PRESSED.
7" - BREADFRUIT SEASON / WATER THE GARDEN / ORIGINAL MRS 45 E.P. BY THE COUNT LASHER SEVEN
12" - GARDEN OF LIFE - LEROY SIBBLES / BIG SPANNER
10" SINGLE - CORNELL - KING IN MY EMPIRE BURIAL REMIX
CD - A DEEJAY EXPLOSION INA DANCEHALL STYLE
Anonymous

Postby dogwarbossanova » Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:15 pm

Can - Tago Mago, signed by Damo and the late Michael Karoli.

As for reggae, it's hard to answer that question. For purely musical content, it would probably be Heart of the Congos. If we're putting rarity/"value"/geek bragging rights , etc. in the mix, I guess it would be my blank label 45 of Prince Buster All Stars "Vera Cruz." Instrumental ska as good as it gets, horn solos through the roof and a hell of an intro to boot.
dogwarbossanova

Previous

Return to General discussion