Prince Harry honours Jewish Victims by dressing like a Nazi

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Postby Professor Mushtaq » Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:42 pm

Sid, Siouxsie, Westwood and the rest were trying very hard to **** people off and that they did. Harry was trying to have a little jape, he didn't think it mattered. Sid and Harry seem about as smart as each other but no-one was gonna stick a crown on Sid's head and ask him to take over.
Lawless Street - The finest in Reggae, Ska & Dub. 2RRR 88.5fm Thursday 4 - 6pm
Professor Mushtaq

Postby Chocolate Soldier » Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:43 pm

And how about good 'ol Lemmy Kilmeister of Motorhead?

The ace of spades

http://playlouder.com/feature/+lemmy/
Chocolate Soldier

Postby Aaron » Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:58 pm

jb welda wrote:yeah well put.

how do you feel about sid vicious and those bozos then? didnt they parade around in nazi uniforms more than once?

one love
jah bill

My understanding is that there was less outright protest about this, than anxious mutterings with most appreciating that any punk rockers adoption of Nazi regalia was purely for shock/offence value. To be sure, shock a large part of the sex Pistols raison d'tre. I'm not sure that's the case with Prince Harry, though it's possible he did it to shock his chums. Even so, he is a political figure, whose job, unlike the Sex Pistols, is not to offend. Ill-judged.
Aaron

Postby rez » Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:26 am

me nahh take nothing for a joke except jokes bredrins...

From a personal standpoint I think it can be healthy to joke about things which represent the darker side of humanity or human history.

I've laughed and found funny jokes about alot of terrible things in my time and I wouldn't make any apologies for that. It doesn't mean I don't recognize the fundamental rights and wrongs of something or the suffering and sacrifice that people have made.

Anyway not looking for an argument I do apreciate where your coming from just a different way of looking at things I guess.
rez

Postby yellowdog » Fri Jan 14, 2005 2:31 am

Well, for what it's worth, my take on it is if he's going to accept the rewards of privileged society, then he should also take the responsibility that goes along with it. Unlike the Sex Pistols, whose mandate was to p*ss off as many people as they could under the cerebral banner of rebellion, Harry isn't rebelling against anything, is he? He's guilty of supreme ignorance, which, in my mind, is a much greater sin. Just another example of why privileged society is an outdated, and biologically impossible concept to sustain.
yellowdog

DMc

Postby DMc » Fri Jan 14, 2005 2:36 am

.....I'm glad I never did anything stupid when I was 20.
DMc
DMc

Postby yellowdog » Fri Jan 14, 2005 4:06 am

Besides which, wouldn't it be likely that he's surrounded by advisors that pass judgement on these sorts of things? Surely he'd have had some advance feedback before he made an *ss of himself?! Hard to believe that even his mates would have encouraged him to dress like a Nazi, and it's completely unlikely he'd be thinking for himself...not exactly the royal strong suit.
yellowdog

Postby Anonymous » Fri Jan 14, 2005 7:47 am

Respect Rez, sorry I was a little heated about it

Giab this is one of the funniest things I've read all year -

nah, I get my Mrs to do that Chocco, & I pretend to be Poland

And J.B. your point is excellent, because for some reason I didn't get pissed off with the pistols for doing what they did at that time, maybe I should have.
Anonymous

Postby tim p » Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:06 am

I think the point is that Sid Vicious etc wore the swastika in order to cause offence - they understood the implications of what they were doing.

Prince Tosspot done it for a laugh, apparently it didn't occur to him that people might be offended.

Regardless of the rights and wrongs of actually doing it the fact that he was unable to recognise that he might cause offence is the thing that really condems him. And to think that they said Sid Vicious was thick...
tim p

Postby j j » Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:46 am

I think it was Keith Moon who dressed as a nazi and goose stepped around Golders Green (Jewish area in London) .Moon the Loon for sure.
j j

Postby James » Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:38 am

Harry's behaviour just exemplifies his ignorance and arrogance. (Let's remember, this boy has almost no intellect - even with his avantages, private tuition, Eton etc he only just managed to pass his A-levels).

We really don't need this so called royal family. It would be a lot healthier for all concerned if the monarchy is quietly dissolved when the Queen finally dies.

Then Charles can devote himself to organic farming and Harry, William and the rest could give up this pretence of 'duty' and 'service' and spend the rest of their lives to doing what they really want to do, which isn't joining the army or opening hospitals, it's spending their millions on posh thicko sports like sking, yachting, polo etc... while the rest of us could at last abandon these Medieval superstitions and concentrate on being a modern European country.
James

Postby Chocolate Soldier » Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:18 am

James wrote:
We really don't need this so called royal family. It would be a lot healthier for all concerned if the monarchy is quietly dissolved when the Queen finally dies.

Then Charles can devote himself to organic farming and Harry, William and the rest could give up this pretence of 'duty' and 'service' and spend the rest of their lives to doing what they really want to do, which isn't joining the army or opening hospitals, it's spending their millions on posh thicko sports like sking, yachting, polo etc... while the rest of us could at last abandon these Medieval superstitions and concentrate on being a modern European country.

Not a bad idea!!

FWIW - its worse in Holland in that the Dutch potato Queen can actually meddle with politics & the leaders are forced to consult her etc..

I could not believe that was happening in supposedly decocratic country.

FWIW - I was raised in one of the former UK colonies & had to endure all manner of brainwashing as a youth singing God Save the Queen (non-Sex Pistols version) in school - what a load of rubbish.

FWIW - Harry pt 55: It is a little different showing up in your Afrika Corps gear at a private fete as opposed to some public affair, like opening a hospital..
Looks like maybe someone snuck in a camera to a private party or its a cellphone shot..
Chocolate Soldier

Postby Grumpy » Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:43 am

Keith Moon and Viv Stanshall, JJ.

Wasn't there some clown who turned up at one of the Prince's fancy-dress hoe-downs dressed as Osama Bin Laden? I've lost track of these people. Is Harry the elder son or the one who's going in to the army? If the latter, some Yankee friendly fire in Mesopotamia should solve the problem.
Grumpy

Postby Moses » Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:45 am

Grumpy wrote:Keith Moon and Viv Stanshall, JJ.

Wasn't there some clown who turned up at one of the Prince's fancy-dress hoe-downs dressed as Osama Bin Laden? I've lost track of these people. Is Harry the elder son or the one who's going in to the army? If the latter, some Yankee friendly fire in Mesopotamia should solve the problem.

Yes Aaron Barschak - he wrote an article in todays Guardian!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/monarchy/story/0,2763,1390274,00.html
Moses

Postby tim p » Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:51 am

FWIW - Harry pt 55: It is a little different showing up in your Afrika Corps gear at a private fete as opposed to some public affair, like opening a hospital..
Looks like maybe someone snuck in a camera to a private party or its a cellphone shot..

If Silly Boll*cks had a brain and not just horse sh*t for brains he'd have known that the chances of having his photo taken when going to a party were pretty much 100%.

The fact that he and his toffy nosed mates could hold something called a "native and colonials" party is pretty offensive in itself if you ask me.
tim p

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion