OT: Prague info request

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

OT: Prague info request

Postby Neil X » Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:20 pm

I'm heading to Prague this weekend for a few days, just wondering if anybody on here has suggestions of place to go. record shops,bars, restaurants or anything else you think would be worth doing while I'm there.

Thanks, N.
Explosion Soundsystem, Belfast
Neil X

Postby t-woc » Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:46 pm

The roxy is a good spot, kinda a settled squat with art space, venue, bars, free internet cafe etc.. reggae gigs mid weekly
-------------------------
http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?seller=mickalphabet
t-woc

Postby David » Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:56 pm

dont stay on the main tourist streets (of course), although you can find lots of very nice restaurants within the old town area. there are plenty of really good restaurants for very cheap. I always enjoyed my stays at prague.

I dont think you`ll find too much reggae, but as said above, the roxy is a great place to go.
David

Postby Dadi Digi » Wed Jan 12, 2005 5:09 pm

havn't been but I want to. I know a lot of people who have been there and all say it is a really nice place and extremley cheap. For example you can get pissed for 6 euro and 28 cents !. Now thats what an Irish man calls GOOD value !!
"If you ride like lightning, you'll crash like thunder" (M.Buchanan)
Dadi Digi

Postby diana » Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:40 pm

Five years living there!!! I know prag. Best place for good concerts ( reggae for example) : the AKROPOLIS in the best part of Prag : ZIZKOV. Few tourists, calm, harmony, czech life, best places to go out by night.
If you have more questions, I'm yours...
diana

Postby David » Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:22 am

by the way: prague is the most beautiful city I`ve seen. I`ve been there 4 or 5 times, I loved it every time. It`s marvelous. It gives you an idea how eastern Europe would look like without the nazis.
David

Thanks for the replies

Postby Neil X » Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:59 am

Thanks for all the replies...

I'll definitely try i check out as much as i can.

I heard there was a club called "Zion" or something that was a big reggae hang out. Is it still going?

Cheers, N.
Explosion Soundsystem, Belfast
Neil X

Postby Varese » Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:15 am

I agree with diana- zizkov is cool. There used to be a wicked little reggae/ragga bar called Zion, which is well worth the effort to find if only for the incredible homemade kruskovice (pear brandy).
I used to quite like eating in Radost FX as well- very nice vegetarian food and a club downstairs that is a bit crap, but occasionally good fun.
There are some very strange private afterhours clubs as well...
V
Varese

Return to General discussion