UK Lovers question

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

UK Lovers question

Postby so nice » Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:06 pm

hi CC

anyway, can't seem to get Don Campbell "Rise", Peter Hunnigale "Never" and Ambelique "New Sherriff" -- all Charm UK production.

anyone know this riddim? i'm wondering 1) the name, mostly because i really want to know 2) what it's based on?

what is it???

thanks

--
so nice

Postby so nice » Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:11 pm

>> anyway, can't seem to get

oops i meant

can't seem to get them OFF MY DECKS (been playing them a lot)

thanks!

-
so nice

Postby CC » Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:25 pm

Hi so nice Image

Ambelique -Bluer Than Blues
Antonio- Good Old Days
Don Campbell -Rise
Freddie Mcgregor- Love Must Conquer
Peter Hunnigale- Never Eye Water
Phoebe One- Knocking On Heaven's Door
Vivian Jones- Gimme More Love

Riddim is 'Eye Water' produder Danny Ray year 200

This was gleaned from reggae riddims .com 8)
http://www.reggae-riddims.com/
CC&DC Sound System
www.cc-dc.tk
CC

Postby so nice » Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:34 pm

EYE WATER..yes that's it.. think it might even say that on one of those

thanks. usually i know better and go right to reggae-riddims.com myself!

any guess if it was built on/around another tune (poss. from out side regage) or what other tune i might be hearing in it?

--
so nice

Postby PapaStalawatt » Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:35 pm

CC wrote:year 200

Foundation stylee :wink:
PapaStalawatt

Postby CC » Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:37 am

PapaStalawatt wrote:
CC wrote:year 200

Foundation stylee :wink:

Hahahaha...now that IS foundation! Shoulda read 2000 of course 8)
Only song it reminds me of is knocking on heavens door :? Glad you reminded me of those tunes So Nice, I feel a 2nd half playlist coming on :D
CC&DC Sound System
www.cc-dc.tk
CC

Postby Xacto Metro » Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:19 am

And the Beres tune, They Gonna Talk.
Andthony B, Good Life.

There is a two riddim album out for this... Eye water and...I can't remember the other one right now....
Xacto Metro

Postby CC » Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:44 am

Xacto Metro wrote:And the Beres tune, They Gonna Talk.
Andthony B, Good Life.

There is a two riddim album out for this... Eye water and...I can't remember the other one right now....

They are not on the same riddim Xacto, that's the 'They Gonna Talk Riddim' sounds totally different
Anthony B -Good Life
Beres Hammond -They Gonna Talk
Half Pint -Just Be Good
Saba -More Love
Tony Curtis- Jah I Thank You
All on the gonna talk riddim.

Wonder where the name 'Eye Water' comes from 'cos it's certainly not from the Dennis Matumbi track Eye Water from 1977. Hmmmmmm
CC&DC Sound System
www.cc-dc.tk
CC

Postby so nice » Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:57 pm

yep sorry xacto, some user error there which explains why i was having trouble searching for connection - that amblique is not the same as the riddim i was asking about, but you had that riddim id right.. but i found the amblique i was thinking of, and also that freddie which were on different color charm labels (hate that).

cc you must be right about that 'heaven's door' as the label of one of those credits dylan/sony music among others.

still, a certain element to this cut -- maybe that picking mandolin-sounding part -- sounds familiar and recent, like it was drawn from something from modern pop somewhere...

whatever the case, still playing at my place..

--
so nice

Postby CC » Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:17 pm

so nice wrote:yep sorry xacto, some user error there which explains why i was having trouble searching for connection - that amblique is not the same as the riddim i was asking about, but you had that riddim id right.. but i found the amblique i was thinking of, and also that freddie which were on different color charm labels (hate that).

cc you must be right about that 'heaven's door' as the label of one of those credits dylan/sony music among others.

still, a certain element to this cut -- maybe that picking mandolin-sounding part -- sounds familiar and recent, like it was drawn from something from modern pop somewhere...

whatever the case, still playing at my place..

--

In the Vivian Jone's (Gimme More Love) I can def' hear a similarity to Bob Marley's Turn Your Lights Down Low, especially the female backing vocals.
CC&DC Sound System
www.cc-dc.tk
CC

Postby Jackie Pablo » Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:36 pm

Isn't 'They Gonna Talk' rhythm based on The Sensations 'Those Guys' (Treasure Isle) ?
Jackie Pablo

Postby CC » Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:15 pm

Jackie Pablo wrote:Isn't 'They Gonna Talk' rhythm based on The Sensations 'Those Guys' (Treasure Isle) ?

It's based on Mr Fix It- John Holt, Winston Francis and just about every other old reggae singer! :)
CC&DC Sound System
www.cc-dc.tk
CC

Postby CC » Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:24 pm

*cough* make that old TIME reggae singer :roll:
CC&DC Sound System
www.cc-dc.tk
CC

Postby JV » Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:35 pm

CC wrote:
Jackie Pablo wrote:Isn't 'They Gonna Talk' rhythm based on The Sensations 'Those Guys' (Treasure Isle) ?

It's based on Mr Fix It- John Holt, Winston Francis and just about every other old reggae singer! :)

To me it sounds like a hybrid that is not strictly either but borrows samples & elements from both. Frankenstein type of rhythm :P
JV

Postby CC » Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:41 pm

JV wrote:
CC wrote:

To me it sounds like a hybrid that is not strictly either but borrows samples & elements from both. Frankenstein type of rhythm :P

Well if you're gonna get pedantic Image
Jus kidding...I see what you mean (or should that be hear) but the melody at the beginning (horn, trumpet thingy) and the b-line on John Holts version of Mr Fixit is def' the same as the tunes on Gonna Talk riddim.
CC&DC Sound System
www.cc-dc.tk
CC

Next

Return to General discussion