Looking For A Pioneers Tune

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Postby charlie.reggae » Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:54 pm

Gordon,

I spoke recently to my friend John South (of Time Longer Than Rope 'zine) about this track, as somebody, who got my details from eBay, was asking whether I had this track (which I don't).

John told me, & he's also big into Soul, that this was / is big on the Soul scene & has become quite collectable by Soul Boys & us Rude Boys alike (no, he doesn't have it either !). So is quite hard to get hold of.

Charlie
'Come 'ere croffy-back - This is a summit meeting f'or the dead Reggae King' (Freddie Notes & The Rudies, 1970)
charlie.reggae

Postby Anonymous » Wed Jan 12, 2005 7:12 pm

Yes Charlie mate,

That's why I was asking, I was wondering if any unsuspecting reggae fans had any laying around that they don't listen to :D

Now the secret's out I can say that a copy recently went for 150UKP on the soul scene.

The annoying thing is once upon a time I had a small pile of "pop reggae"/soul type things that I thought were **** and I sold them for peanuts....... I shudder to think what was in there and how much it goes for on the soul scene nowadays....

Respect

Gordon
Anonymous

Postby Dyce » Wed Jan 12, 2005 7:46 pm

I love this song. Great crossover combined with those classy Pioneer harmonies. Some similar though not as good songs on their Freedom Feeling LP. I think on Manships auction it reached a good deal both on its UK ICE and UK Mercury releases.
Dyce

Postby Zapatoo_the_Tiger » Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:50 pm

gordon wrote:The annoying thing is once upon a time I had a small pile of "pop reggae"/soul type things that I thought were **** and I sold them for peanuts....... I shudder to think what was in there and how much it goes for on the soul scene nowadays....
Best you don't find out what was in that pile, Gordon :? :) :wink:
If it don't turn you on, you oughtta leave it alone!!

See me at: http://www.trojanrecords.co.uk/forum/index.php
Zapatoo_the_Tiger

Return to General discussion